Congratulations to Akiko White

  • Vicki Sansum
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2014
      Hi all,

      Many of you know Akiko White, the Illustrator Coordinator of the San
      Antonio SCBWI chapter. She's a regular at our annual conference and a
      good friend to our chapter. We just heard some great news about Akiko.
      She has won the 2014 Tomie dePaola Award! The prize is a trip to the
      SCBWI New York conference in February where she will be presented the award.

      Here is a link to the details and a photo of the artwork that won:
      http://swtexas.scbwi.org/2014/01/08/illustrator-coordinator-akiko-white-wins-2014-tomie-depaola-award/

      Congratulations to Akiko, we're so proud of you!

      Vicki
      vsansum@...
    • Varsha Bajaj
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2014

      Congratulations Akiko! What an honor. Hope to see your work on many bookshelves soon.

      Varsha

      Many of you know Akiko White, the Illustrator Coordinator of the San
      Antonio SCBWI chapter. She's a regular at our annual conference and a
      good friend to our chapter. We just heard some great news about Akiko.
      She has won the 2014 Tomie dePaola Award! The prize is a trip to the
      SCBWI New York conference in February where she will be presented the award.

      Here is a link to the details and a photo of the artwork that won:
      http://swtexas.scbwi.org/2014/01/08/illustrator-coordinator-akiko-white-wins-2014-tomie-depaola-award/

      Congratulations to Akiko, we're so proud of you!

      Vicki
      vsansum@...

    • Ana Maria Rodriguez
      Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2014
        Wonderful news! Cheers!

        Sent from my iPhone
         Ana Maria Rodriguez

        On Jan 8, 2014, at 8:28 PM, Vicki Sansum <vsansum@...> wrote:

        Hi all,

        Many of you know Akiko White, the Illustrator Coordinator of the San
        Antonio SCBWI chapter. She's a regular at our annual conference and a
        good friend to our chapter. We just heard some great news about Akiko.
        She has won the 2014 Tomie dePaola Award! The prize is a trip to the
        SCBWI New York conference in February where she will be presented the award.

        Here is a link to the details and a photo of the artwork that won:
        http://swtexas.scbwi.org/2014/01/08/illustrator-coordinator-akiko-white-wins-2014-tomie-depaola-award/

        Congratulations to Akiko, we're so proud of you!

        Vicki
        vsansum@...

      • Millie Martin
        Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9, 2014
          Way to go, Akiko.

          Well done.

          "You can tell the deepest truths with the lies of fiction."

           Isabel Allende

          Millie Theis Martin, Ph.D.
          ARA, Houston SCBWI
          13319 Spring Hollow Drive