Bloomsbury open to Children's Writer subscribers

  • Marianne
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2013

      Hi All,

      (Vonna, thanks for your reminder to add the 25th to my calendar with your email to send newsletter stuff: I won’t have to bother you next month!)

      Thought I’d pass this along….for Subscribers to Children’s Writer, for the month of September (that means THIS MONDAY is the deadline), Emily Easton of Bloomsbury is open to submissions from subscribers to Children’s Writer. This is for picture books to middle-grade, send the whole manuscript. For YA, just the synopsis and sample chapters. Emily Eason, Code CWM, Walker Books for Young Readers, 1385 Broadway, 5th floor, New York, NY. They usually only take agented submissions. She will only respond if interested.

      Those looking for an agent might note that Bloomsbury founder, Victoria Wells in forming her own agency Wells Arms Literary this month.

      Oh yeah – Children’s Writer is also running a seasonal (as in about holidays or seasons) poetry contest with a $500 first prize, $250 second, and $100, 3-5th. No more than 300 words, can be collection of up to 5 poems, deadline October 31. See www.childrenswriter.com for details.

      Marianne Dyson

      Golden Kite & AIP Science Writing Award winner;

      Former NASA Flight Controller;

      http://www.mdyson.com

      Twitter/Facebook: MarianneDyson

    • Bryan Kile