Re: [scbwi-houston] RE: Kelly scroll down Fwd: First Book Commits to Diversity; Have You Met the Book Elf?

  • PamLV@...
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 11, 2013
      Yes, I was very involved and served on their Local Advisory Board. Lots of work, but loved giving books to kids all over the Houston Metro area.  In a bit under 5 years our Board delivered 1/2 a million dollars worth of books to local under privileged kids and Title I school.  It was an honor to be part of such a dynamic, energetic and productive group.  And we were the top distributing Board in the nation and were even sending books to Beaumont and Corpus areas.

      I left the group in 2006.

      Hugs, Girl.  Miss you.
      Pam

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 11, 2013

        Norman has found another set of hands to hold him. Hooray! Peggy S.

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 12, 2013

          Fabulous Pam! What a gift to those kids—and everyone in the book biz! We need readers!

          What’s new with Kelly Bennett Books? VAMPIRE BABY! (Candlewick Press, Ages 3-8)

          Watch the VAMPIRE BABY Book Trailer here!

          “YOUCH Tootie! NO BITE!”