RE: Re: [scbwi-houston] Self Publishing

  • tobyhaber
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 11, 2013

      Kimberly, thanks for the information.  Your help is appreciated.

      Are there any other self published authors willing to share their self publishing and marketing experience?

      --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, <scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi,

      I've self-published my homeschool curricula with LULU and Createspace. I suggest that if you want to get on Amazon you read the book by Aaron Shepard: http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&tag=amznsrchbrcom-20&index=aps&field-keywords=aiming%20at%20amazon

      It gives you most of what you need to know about self-publishing and showcasing your books on Amazon.

      Now that I publish with Createspace, I'm no longer losing money. The cost to print a 400 page writing book is only about $5.5 to print, making it very reasonable for me.

      I am about to open an online estore as well, using a website I am building with wordpress, woocommerce, and paypal. Very doable with free youtube videos to guide me in website building.

      Hope this helps.

      Kimberly Garcia

      www.brookdalehouse.com

      On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM, <tobyhaber@...> wrote:

      I'm exploring the self publishing option and would welcome hearing from others who have self published.  Thanks!