RE: [scbwi-houston] RE: Kelly scroll down Fwd: First Book Commits to Diversity; Have You Met the Book Elf?

  • Kelly Bennett
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 11, 2013

      Pam,

      If I remember correctly, aren’t you very involved with First Book? I have a vivid memory of you sorting mounds and boxes of books to distribute....

      What’s New with Kelly Bennett Books? VAMPIRE BABY! (Candlewick Press, Ages 3-8) Watch the Book Trailer here!

      For more, visit www.kellybennett.com

      “YOUCH Tootie! NO BITE!”

      Whooooo Pam! Thank you for noticing and sharing!

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 11, 2013
        Yes, I was very involved and served on their Local Advisory Board. Lots of work, but loved giving books to kids all over the Houston Metro area.  In a bit under 5 years our Board delivered 1/2 a million dollars worth of books to local under privileged kids and Title I school.  It was an honor to be part of such a dynamic, energetic and productive group.  And we were the top distributing Board in the nation and were even sending books to Beaumont and Corpus areas.

        I left the group in 2006.

        Hugs, Girl.  Miss you.
[...]

        LINKS
        SchoolLibraryJournal.com
        SLJ Webcasts
        SLJ on Facebook
        @SLJournal

        CONTACT INFO
        Editorial: sdiaz@...
        Advertising: rfutterman@...

        This message was sent to
        by SchoolLibraryJournal.com

        School Library Journal
        160 Varick Street, 11th Floor
        New York, NY 10013

        Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe
        Image removed by sender. The Digital Shift

        Image removed by sender. Media Source Inc.
        Image removed by sender. Library Journal
        Image removed by sender. LJ Hotline
        Image removed by sender. School Library Journal
        Image removed by sender. The Horn Book
        Image removed by sender. Junior Library Guild

      • Peggy
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 11, 2013

          Norman has found another set of hands to hold him. Hooray! Peggy S.

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 12, 2013

            Fabulous Pam! What a gift to those kids—and everyone in the book biz! We need readers!

            What’s new with Kelly Bennett Books? VAMPIRE BABY! (Candlewick Press, Ages 3-8)

            Watch the VAMPIRE BABY Book Trailer here!

            “YOUCH Tootie! NO BITE!”