RE: [scbwi-houston] Re: Vampire Baby

  • Kelly Bennett
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 21, 2013

      Thank you all for your support.

      From: Doris [mailto:abcdoris@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:16 PM
      To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [scbwi-houston] Re: Vampire Baby

      I just now wrote and posted a review, Kelly. Such a darling book!

      Doris

    • Janet Fox
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 21, 2013
        Me, too, Kelly, as soon as I'm back in town and can get my hands on a copy!

        Yes, those reviews are crucial. Amazon has a minimum requirement of, last I heard, 22 reviews (of any kind - one star on up) in order to begin cross-recommending a book. I promise to post a review of any book I read!!

        Hugs all -

        On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Kelly Bennett <kelly@...> wrote:

        Hi everyone!

        I’m hoping you’ll help me drum up some attention for Vampire Baby. So far there aren’t any reviews on Amazon or B&N of note. If you like the book, please think about posting a review. If you don’t, please don’t tell me.

        Thanks for your support. Cheers, Kelly

        Kelly Bennett

        PO Box 4381

        Houston, TX  77210-4381

        Home: +1-832-422-4407

        For more about Kelly Bennett and her books visit www.kellybennett.com

        And for a swimmingly good time, wade through her blog:  Kelly’s Fishbowl.

        “I pop a beautiful sentence into my mouth and suck it like a fruit drop.”—Bohumil Hrabal

        --
        Janet Fox
        1416 Kenyon Drive

        Author of award-winning books for children and young adults.
        From Speak/Penguin:
        Sirens, a YA romance and mystery set in 1925 New York
        Forgiven, a YA novel set in 1906 San Francisco, 2012 WILLA Finalist
        Faithful, a YA novel set in 1904 Yellowstone NP, 2011 Amelia Bloomer List
        From Free Spirit Publishing:
        Get Organized Without Losing It, self-help for kids, 2007 MIPA award-winner

      • Pat Miller
        Message 3 of 19 , May 28, 2014
          Congratulations on your new book, Kelly! Very imaginative--should be a must have for every family that's suffered through teething.
        • Kelly Bennett
          Message 4 of 19 , May 28, 2014

            Thanks Pat! I am wowed by all the amazing projects SCBWI-Houston creates! So inspiring to be part of this group—if only virtually these days!

            What’s new with Kelly Bennett Books? VAMPIRE BABY! (Candlewick Press, Ages 3-8)

            Watch the VAMPIRE BABY Book Trailer here!

            “YOUCH Tootie! NO BITE!”