Re: [SCBWI-Speakers] from kimberly morris

  • kathycombs@houston.rr.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2004
      Joyce, you did an awesome job with the newsletter! It looks terrific and has lots of great info. It makes me proud to be part of an organization where the baton is passed flawlessly!

      Lots of great local applause this issue. That's inspiration for us all!

      Kathy
    • Tammy Waldrop
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 8, 2004
        Hello all,

        My name is Tammy Waldrop, and I'm a newbie to this list. I've been a
        member of Houston SCBWI for around a year, and I'm in the Kingwood
        critique group. I like to write chapter books and middle grade
        fiction. I am a published composer/arranger of church music and drama,
        but I've wanted to write books ever since I was young. So, now, I am,
        and all of you are a great encouragement!

        Thanks,
        Tammy Waldrop
      • Dani Sneed
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 8, 2004
          Welcome Tammy-

          It is great to have another author that also writes about small rodents!

          Best :-)

          Dani Sneed
          19814 Bent Pine Dr.
          Humble, Texas 77346
          sneedvilletx@...
          Look for CONFETTI EGGS and CASCARONES at http://www.bebopbooks.com
          in book theme: classroom activities

          My name is Tammy Waldrop, and I'm a newbie to this list. I've been a
          member of Houston SCBWI for around a year, and I'm in the Kingwood
          critique group. I like to write chapter books and middle grade
          fiction. I am a published composer/arranger of church music and drama,
          but I've wanted to write books ever since I was young. So, now, I am,
          and all of you are a great encouragement!

          Thanks,
          Tammy Waldrop

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

        • tomytcoon@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 9, 2004
            Hi, all,
            I am a newbie too. I have been in SCBWI for about 2 years.
            I have not been published, so am a beginner. I have been teaching for about
            44 years. All elementary--grades k-5. I love cats, love to read and write. Once
            I retire, I hope to do more writing. I live in Pasadena.
            purrs,
            Rosemary

          • JoAn Martin
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 18, 2004
              Rosemary,
              I am writing a column for our newsletter profiling new
              members. Your note tells me some, but would you send me more personal
              info and writing info? I will use what is appropriate for us to get
              to know you?
              Thanks,

              JoAn

              --
              JoAn Martin
              2407 Kilgore Rd.
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 18, 2004
                I am not sure what you need. Over the years, I have written mostly poems.
                Just recently I have started writing chapter books. Because school keeps me
                really busy, I haven't finished one yet. I am single, have cats as pets, 3 tall
                bookcases filled with books that I have read, one bookcase filled with books that
                I need to read. I like to read mysteries and don't like mushy love stories. I
                have taught kindergarten through grade five for 44 years and plan to retire
                in May of 2005. Yah!! I used to breed and show Maine Coon cats, but about 10
                years ago, school got to be very demanding. Since that was my only income, I
                had to quit with the cats. What I have left are the old ones that have been been
                neutered and spayed. Once I retire, I hope to be able to come to some of the
                meetings. I really enjoy writing, but need practice and time to do it. If you
                need more info, maybe some questions would help me know what you want to know
                about me. It is hard writing about myself. I lead a very dull life.
                purrs,
                Rosemary