Stage Combat Workshop

  • divadevildog
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2013
      Greetings.   I've talked about this workshop in the past and many authors & writers have asked me to let them know about it the next time they have it, so here it is.  I wish I could remember who all wanted it, but figure it may be of interest to you.    (Note:  there is now a one day event for teachers)  These are amazing folks and if you've an interest this might be  helpful in writing those fight scenes.

      Enjoy,

      Iona McAvoy

      ps-- They have a FB page and a yahoo group as well if you have more questions.  Also you can contact Judy Frow directly at judy@...

      • THE TEXAS INTENSIVE STAGE COMBAT WORKSHOP:
        Saturday & Sunday; Aug 31 & Sept 1, 2013
        9 am - 6:30 pm

        OVERVIEW:
        Classes in SAFD weapon skills plus some instructors’ specialties, with a focus on performance principles of staged combat.

        SAFD Skills Proficiency Renewals (SPR) in all disciplines available!

        PRICE:
        $175.00

        INCLUDES:
        Free T-Shirt and Lunch provided *both* days!
        Space is limited, registering now is recommended.

        TO ATTEND:
        1) Register!
        Download the Registration & Waiver available in this Group's "Files" page.

        2) Pay
        Forms of payment are indicated on the Registration form itself.
        -or-
        To pay with credit card, go to our Pay Pal page:
        http://texasintensive.wix.com/txintensive

        3) Send payment and documents (Registration & Waiver) to:
        Fax
        7136830467
        -or-
        Mail
        FROWbiz
        5041 Nina Lee Lane
        Houston, TX 77092

        LOCATION:
        University of Houston, TX
        School of Theater and Dance
        http://www.uh.edu/class/theatre-and-dance/about/location/index.php
        Lyndall Finley Wortham Theater Building
        (take Entrance 16 from Cullen Drive. Near the intersection of Cullen & Elgin, Houston, TX)

        CONTACT US:
        Please post any questions or comments on this Group page!
        Or email
        Texas_Intensive-owner@yahoogroups.com
        Or call
        7134199321

        OFFICIAL WEBSITE:
        http://www.uh.edu/class/theatre-and-dance/community-programs/texas-intensive/index.php

        NEW THIS YEAR:
        Stage Combat Training for High School Teachers
        $85.00 for this all day workshop, held Saturday Aug 31, 2013.
        A special course of classes for designed for high school teachers.

        BONUS FOR ALL!
        Start the weekend off with the Fight Director's Forum (free)!
        Friday, August 30th, 7:00 pm-9:00 pm-ish

        An informal talk-back interview with the Stage Fight Directors, Choreographers, and Fight Masters who will be teaching the Texas Intensive, about the profession of fight directing from a Fight Director's point of view. No RSVP necessary.