August 17 library event

  • Vicki Sansum
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28 11:09 AM
      Hi all,
      I know this was posted earlier, but I wanted to re-post it because I received some more details about this event. As you can see, there is no pay for speaking and no book sales, this is simply a way to help out a Girl Scout and the community. I didn't attach the flyer, just email Allie Elkahdem if you'd like to see it. This is a good opportunity to promote your books and get your name out there for speaking engagements.
      Thanks!
      Vicki

      Hello. My name is Allie Elkhadem. I am currently working on my Girl Scout Silver Award project. I am hosting an event, “Reading Rocks!” for children ages 5-13 to show them the benefits of reading.  At the event, I would love several authors to speak for a short period of time (15 to 20 minutes) about their experience with reading, their published works, and how reading affected their lives. They can even read an excerpt of their work. The event will be held at:

      Henington-Alief Library
       7979 South Kirkwood St.
      Houston, TX 77072

      The event will start at 3:00 pm and will end at 4:30 pm on August 17, 2013. Attached you can see one of the flyers for the event. I would be happy to promote the authors on various flyers for my event.
      This event is open to the public. The room capacity is 75. I'm expecting between 25 and 60 participants. The event will be advertised in the local paper, the library, YMCA, and other neighborhood shops.
      Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

      Thank you,
      Allie Elkhadem
      281.920.2980

    • CRYSTAL ALLEN

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29 11:28 AM
          I guess she's done quite well collecting authors. Here's her response to me:
          Ms. Harmon,

          Thank you so much for your interest in my event. Due to overwhelming support, I am unable to accommodate any more authors because of time restrictions. I am still in need of door prizes and would greatly appreciate the donation of a signed copy of one of your books. If you would like to contribute, please let me know and I will forward you my address.

          Thank you,
          Allie Elkhadem

          Annie