the writing life

  • Janet Fox
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2013
      I just learned that my middle child, FORGIVEN, will be going out of print. The good news? It will still be available as an ebook, and my other two are going strong.

      I'll send a signed bookplate and a shiny sticker (yes, it won an award) to anyone who asks.

      Plus, in an effort to make lemonade out of this lemon I'm going to offer free copies to nonprofits, libraries, and teachers who request it, so if you know of such a need please let me know.

      Ah, the writing life...

      --
      Janet Fox
      1416 Kenyon Drive

      Author of award-winning books for children and young adults.
      From Speak/Penguin:
      Sirens, a YA romance and mystery set in 1925 New York
      Forgiven, a YA novel set in 1906 San Francisco, 2012 WILLA Finalist
      Faithful, a YA novel set in 1904 Yellowstone NP, 2011 Amelia Bloomer List
      From Free Spirit Publishing:
      Get Organized Without Losing It, self-help for kids, 2007 MIPA award-winner

    • Doris
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2013
        Janet,
        I'm so sorry to hear this. You seem to be handling it well even though this must be quite a blow. I wish only the best for you and your writing!

        Doris
      • Janet Fox
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2013
          Thanks Doris. No sense in pouting. The best medicine is the next book. :)

          On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM, Doris <abcdoris@...> wrote:

          Janet,
          I'm so sorry to hear this. You seem to be handling it well even though this must be quite a blow. I wish only the best for you and your writing!

          Doris

          --
          Janet Fox
          1416 Kenyon Drive
          Bozeman, MT 59715
          406-577-6982

          Author of award-winning books for children and young adults.
          From Speak/Penguin:
          Sirens, a YA romance and mystery set in 1925 New York
          Forgiven, a YA novel set in 1906 San Francisco, 2012 WILLA Finalist
          Faithful, a YA novel set in 1904 Yellowstone NP, 2011 Amelia Bloomer List
          From Free Spirit Publishing:
          Get Organized Without Losing It, self-help for kids, 2007 MIPA award-winner

        • <kathygw@...>
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 22, 2013
            I'm so sorry to hear that but at least there is the ebook option for it.
            Hang in there!
            Kathy W.