Re: [scbwi-houston] Vampire Baby

  • marty G
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 13, 2013
      Yay for Kelly! She has birthed a new baby, only this one bites!!
      Thanks, Kelly!
      Marty

      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 15, 2013

        With grandbaby number one a few weeks away, I’m getting ready—knitting thick socks… thank you Carmen

        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 16, 2013

          Kelly, Congrats on the birth of Vampire Baby and your  soon to be first grandchild. What JOY you must be feeling!! Peggy S.

          With grandbaby number one a few weeks away, I'm getting ready-knitting thick
          socks. thank you Carmen

          Ha. This might come back to haunt you when your first grandbaby takes a
          chunk out of your hand. Vampire Baby is sure to be a hit.

          Carmen

        • Kelly Bennett
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 16, 2013

            Thank you Peggy! And our daughter Lexi is getting married in November—busy, exciting times in our house!

            Kelly, Congrats on the birth of Vampire Baby and your  soon to be first grandchild. What JOY you must be feeling!! Peggy S.

            With grandbaby number one a few weeks away, I'm getting ready-knitting thick
            socks. thank you Carmen

            Ha. This might come back to haunt you when your first grandbaby takes a
            chunk out of your hand. Vampire Baby is sure to be a hit.

            Carmen

          • joypreble
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 18, 2013
              Yes!!!! Cheers Kelly!!! Such a great cover, too!

              Joy Preble
              www.joypreble.com

              --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Varsha Bajaj <author@...> wrote:

              > Hey Kelly,
              >
              > Congratulations on Vampire Baby! Love the title. Can't wait to read it.
              > Varsha
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone

            • Kelly Bennett
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 20, 2013

                Hi everyone!

                I’m hoping you’ll help me drum up some attention for Vampire Baby. So far there aren’t any reviews on Amazon or B&N of note. If you like the book, please think about posting a review. If you don’t, please don’t tell me.

                Thanks for your support. Cheers, Kelly

                Kelly Bennett

                PO Box 4381

                Houston, TX  77210-4381

                Home: +1-832-422-4407

                For more about Kelly Bennett and her books visit www.kellybennett.com

                And for a swimmingly good time, wade through her blog:  Kelly’s Fishbowl.

                “I pop a beautiful sentence into my mouth and suck it like a fruit drop.”—Bohumil Hrabal

                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 20, 2013

                  I haven’t had a chance to see it yet, Kelly, but I’ll put up a review as soon as I read it. I’ve recently learned that those Amazon and B&N reviews are crucial.

                  Dotti

                  SEVERED – A Tale of Sleepy Hollow (as Dax Varley)
                  http://www.daxvarley.com

                • Doris
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 20, 2013
                    I just now wrote and posted a review, Kelly. Such a darling book!

                    Doris
                  • katina chimney
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 20, 2013
                      Kelly,

                      Just posted a review! :-)

                      This is your life. Live it.

                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 21, 2013

                        Thank you all for your support.

                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 21, 2013
                          Me, too, Kelly, as soon as I'm back in town and can get my hands on a copy!

                          Yes, those reviews are crucial. Amazon has a minimum requirement of, last I heard, 22 reviews (of any kind - one star on up) in order to begin cross-recommending a book. I promise to post a review of any book I read!!

                          Hugs all -

                          --
                          Janet Fox
                          1416 Kenyon Drive

                          Author of award-winning books for children and young adults.
                          From Speak/Penguin:
                          Sirens, a YA romance and mystery set in 1925 New York
                          Forgiven, a YA novel set in 1906 San Francisco, 2012 WILLA Finalist
                          Faithful, a YA novel set in 1904 Yellowstone NP, 2011 Amelia Bloomer List
                          From Free Spirit Publishing:
                          Get Organized Without Losing It, self-help for kids, 2007 MIPA award-winner

                        • Pat Miller
                          Message 12 of 19 , May 28, 2014
                            Congratulations on your new book, Kelly! Very imaginative--should be a must have for every family that's suffered through teething.
                          • Kelly Bennett
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 28, 2014

                              Thanks Pat! I am wowed by all the amazing projects SCBWI-Houston creates! So inspiring to be part of this group—if only virtually these days!

                              What’s new with Kelly Bennett Books? VAMPIRE BABY! (Candlewick Press, Ages 3-8)

                              Watch the VAMPIRE BABY Book Trailer here!

                              “YOUCH Tootie! NO BITE!”