RE: [scbwi-houston] Vampire Baby

  • Melanie Chrismer
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 12 9:04 PM

      My Abby and David already love it!  Abby turned in Vampire Baby reading time to get her Summer Library Reading T-Shirt.

      Oh ya!

      Yeehaw, Kelly!

      Mel

      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 13 4:34 AM

        Thank you for this! I’ve been waiting for Vampire Baby a long time! So fun it’s out now. Hoping to organize an event at Blue Willow this fall so I can see all you, my SCBWI family and celebrate properly!

        --
        Visit me at kathyduval.com!

      • ctbkaty@...
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 13 6:22 AM

          Ha. This might come back to haunt you when your first grandbaby takes a chunk out of your hand. Vampire Baby is sure to be a hit.

          Carmen

        • Ana Maria Rodriguez
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 13 7:35 AM

            Congratulations, Kelly!! Pretty funny.  J

            Ana Maria

            Ana María Rodríguez

            Author

            Visit my website

            Find me on Facebook

            The Iron Butterfly

            My Blog

            Follow me on Twitter @RodriguezAMaria

          • marty G
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 13 8:32 AM
              Yay for Kelly! She has birthed a new baby, only this one bites!!
              Thanks, Kelly!
              Marty

              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 15 9:11 AM

                With grandbaby number one a few weeks away, I’m getting ready—knitting thick socks… thank you Carmen

                Ha. This might come back to haunt you when your first grandbaby takes a chunk out of your hand. Vampire Baby is sure to be a hit.

                Carmen

              • Peggy
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 16 2:10 PM

                  Kelly, Congrats on the birth of Vampire Baby and your  soon to be first grandchild. What JOY you must be feeling!! Peggy S.

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 16 4:00 PM

                    Thank you Peggy! And our daughter Lexi is getting married in November—busy, exciting times in our house!

                    Kelly, Congrats on the birth of Vampire Baby and your  soon to be first grandchild. What JOY you must be feeling!! Peggy S.

                    With grandbaby number one a few weeks away, I'm getting ready-knitting thick
                    socks. thank you Carmen

                    Ha. This might come back to haunt you when your first grandbaby takes a
                    chunk out of your hand. Vampire Baby is sure to be a hit.

                    Carmen

                  • joypreble
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 18 8:27 AM
                      Yes!!!! Cheers Kelly!!! Such a great cover, too!

                      Joy Preble
                      www.joypreble.com

                      --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Varsha Bajaj <author@...> wrote:

                      > Hey Kelly,
                      >
                      > Congratulations on Vampire Baby! Love the title. Can't wait to read it.
                      > Varsha
                      >
                      > Sent from my iPhone

                    • Kelly Bennett
                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 20, 2013

                        Hi everyone!

                        I’m hoping you’ll help me drum up some attention for Vampire Baby. So far there aren’t any reviews on Amazon or B&N of note. If you like the book, please think about posting a review. If you don’t, please don’t tell me.

                        Thanks for your support. Cheers, Kelly

                        Kelly Bennett

                        PO Box 4381

                        Houston, TX  77210-4381

                        Home: +1-832-422-4407

                        For more about Kelly Bennett and her books visit www.kellybennett.com

                        And for a swimmingly good time, wade through her blog:  Kelly’s Fishbowl.

                        “I pop a beautiful sentence into my mouth and suck it like a fruit drop.”—Bohumil Hrabal

                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 20, 2013

                          I haven’t had a chance to see it yet, Kelly, but I’ll put up a review as soon as I read it. I’ve recently learned that those Amazon and B&N reviews are crucial.

                          Dotti

                          SEVERED – A Tale of Sleepy Hollow (as Dax Varley)
                          http://www.daxvarley.com

                        • Doris
                          Message 12 of 19 , Aug 20, 2013
                            I just now wrote and posted a review, Kelly. Such a darling book!

                            Doris
                          • katina chimney
                            Message 13 of 19 , Aug 20, 2013
                              Kelly,

                              Just posted a review! :-)

                              This is your life. Live it.

                              Message 14 of 19 , Aug 21, 2013

                                Thank you all for your support.

                                Message 15 of 19 , Aug 21, 2013
                                  Me, too, Kelly, as soon as I'm back in town and can get my hands on a copy!

                                  Yes, those reviews are crucial. Amazon has a minimum requirement of, last I heard, 22 reviews (of any kind - one star on up) in order to begin cross-recommending a book. I promise to post a review of any book I read!!

                                  Hugs all -

                                  On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Kelly Bennett <kelly@...> wrote:

                                  Hi everyone!

                                  I’m hoping you’ll help me drum up some attention for Vampire Baby. So far there aren’t any reviews on Amazon or B&N of note. If you like the book, please think about posting a review. If you don’t, please don’t tell me.

                                  Thanks for your support. Cheers, Kelly

                                  Kelly Bennett

                                  PO Box 4381

                                  Houston, TX  77210-4381

                                  Home: +1-832-422-4407

                                  For more about Kelly Bennett and her books visit www.kellybennett.com

                                  And for a swimmingly good time, wade through her blog:  Kelly’s Fishbowl.

                                  “I pop a beautiful sentence into my mouth and suck it like a fruit drop.”—Bohumil Hrabal

                                  --
                                  Janet Fox
                                  1416 Kenyon Drive
                                  Bozeman, MT 59715
                                  406-577-6982

                                  Author of award-winning books for children and young adults.
                                  From Speak/Penguin:
                                  Sirens, a YA romance and mystery set in 1925 New York
                                  Forgiven, a YA novel set in 1906 San Francisco, 2012 WILLA Finalist
                                  Faithful, a YA novel set in 1904 Yellowstone NP, 2011 Amelia Bloomer List
                                  From Free Spirit Publishing:
                                  Get Organized Without Losing It, self-help for kids, 2007 MIPA award-winner

                                • Pat Miller
                                  Message 16 of 19 , May 28, 2014
                                    Congratulations on your new book, Kelly! Very imaginative--should be a must have for every family that's suffered through teething.
                                  • Kelly Bennett
                                    Message 17 of 19 , May 28, 2014

                                      Thanks Pat! I am wowed by all the amazing projects SCBWI-Houston creates! So inspiring to be part of this group—if only virtually these days!

                                      What’s new with Kelly Bennett Books? VAMPIRE BABY! (Candlewick Press, Ages 3-8)

                                      Watch the VAMPIRE BABY Book Trailer here!

                                      “YOUCH Tootie! NO BITE!”