Re: [scbwi-houston] Re: Best Self-Publishing Questions

  • Deborah Frontiera
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 11, 2013
      POD printers like Lightning Source or even Create Space on Amazon are great if your book is mostly text with few interior graphics. But you lose quality in interior graphics and especially COLOR graphics like in a picture book. So those of you considering POD, keep that in mind.
      I recently did a "second print run" of my book Living on Sisu through Create Space. The historic photos are not quite as good, but acceptable, in the Create Space version. But for now, with the book having been out 4 years, not having the money for a full new print run, and wanting less risk on an "older" book that I wanted to keep in print for a while yet, it was the right choice for me.
      Debbie Frontiera

      On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM, anna church <anna_church@...> wrote:

      I am a self publisher and I own Mighty Lion Ventures Pub. LLC anyways I would recommend Lightning Source as a printer. They are professional and have treated us great!
      Hug-A-Bug hugs,
      Anna Church

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 11, 2013
        Deborah- Please look at my website,http://www.hugabugtravels.com
        Lightning Source is my printer and I create children's picture books. I am the co-author /co-illustrator and the vivid colors are great!  Are you sure Lightning Source has bad quality? I have been using them for 4 years plus and I am preparing to publish my fourth book of Hug-A-Bug Travels Series.
        Hug-A-Bug hugs,
        Anna Church

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 13, 2013
          Dear Anna,
          Perhaps Lightning Source has improved it's equipment for better children's interior art since I first began with them. That is good to hear. Thanks for the update.
          Deborah

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 13, 2013
            Thanks for your comment back! I really like Lightning Source and they have been very professional with me.
            Anna Church