Re: Best Self-Publishing Questions

  • Rita Mills
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 9, 2013

      Kemi, I have several handouts about the basics of the publishing industry I can send you if you like.........as far as that goes I can forward them to anyone who would like to get them...........

      I also do workshops on independent publishing regularly but don’t have one on the books right now.............Rita

      PS – Just send an email to rita.mills@... and put HANDOUTS in the subject line............

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Rita Mills

      rita.mills@...

      713-937-9184 (office to leave a message or RSVP for an event)

      866-289-1777 (fax)

      281-744-0626 (cell -- don’t text)

      www.BookConnectionOnline.com (Extension #1 on 713-937-9184)

    • JoAn Watson Martin
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 10, 2013
          Kemi,

        I have had a book published with Joel Turner. Google info@...  I was very pleased after
        I spent months trying to get a traditional publisher, this was a great solution.

        JoAn

        JoAn Watson Martin
        2407 Kilgore Rd.
        Baytown TX 77520

      • Rita Mills
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 11, 2013

          JoAn...........I love Joel Turner and Americas Press.............they print a lot of my POD books............

          However, they are NOT a publisher, they are only a printer............they will print anyone’s books...........Rita

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Rita Mills

          rita.mills@...

          713-937-9184 (office to leave a message or RSVP for an event)

          866-289-1777 (fax)

          281-744-0626 (cell -- don’t text)

          www.BookConnectionOnline.com (Extension #1 on 713-937-9184)

          www.TheNewEraTimes.com (Extension #2 on 713-937-9184)

        • anna church
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 11, 2013
            I am a self publisher and I own Mighty Lion Ventures Pub. LLC anyways I would recommend Lightning Source as a printer. They are professional and have treated us great!
            Hug-A-Bug hugs,
            Anna Church

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 11, 2013
              POD printers like Lightning Source or even Create Space on Amazon are great if your book is mostly text with few interior graphics. But you lose quality in interior graphics and especially COLOR graphics like in a picture book. So those of you considering POD, keep that in mind.
              I recently did a "second print run" of my book Living on Sisu through Create Space. The historic photos are not quite as good, but acceptable, in the Create Space version. But for now, with the book having been out 4 years, not having the money for a full new print run, and wanting less risk on an "older" book that I wanted to keep in print for a while yet, it was the right choice for me.
              Debbie Frontiera

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 11, 2013
                Deborah- Please look at my website,http://www.hugabugtravels.com
                Lightning Source is my printer and I create children's picture books. I am the co-author /co-illustrator and the vivid colors are great!  Are you sure Lightning Source has bad quality? I have been using them for 4 years plus and I am preparing to publish my fourth book of Hug-A-Bug Travels Series.
                Hug-A-Bug hugs,
                Anna Church

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 13, 2013
                  Dear Anna,
                  Perhaps Lightning Source has improved it's equipment for better children's interior art since I first began with them. That is good to hear. Thanks for the update.
                  Deborah

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 13, 2013
                    Thanks for your comment back! I really like Lightning Source and they have been very professional with me.
                    Anna Church