Re: [scbwi-houston] Class of 2K14

  • Christina Mandelski
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 1, 2013
      Congrats Varsha and to all 2k14 members!!

      I signed up for the giveaway -- super easy and a great site!

      xo,
      Chris

      THE SWEETEST THING a young adult novel about love, loss and cake.
      Egmont USA
      www.christinamandelski.com

      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 1, 2013
        Congratulations, Varsha! and all the 2k14ers. I signed up!

        www.varshabajaj.com

        --
        Visit me at kathyduval.com!
      • Varsha Bajaj
        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 11, 2013

          Hi all,

          We're celebrating with a $100 e-GIVEAWAY to any book retailer! #2k14books #KidLit http://classof2k14.com/class-of-2k14-launch-day-giveaway/

          FIVE days left for the launch giveaway to close. Thank you, thank you,  to everyone who entered and liked us on Facebook or twitter .

          I would enter for $100 to a book retailer if I was eligibleJ

          Varsha Bajaj

          www.varshabajaj.com

        • Varsha Bajaj
          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014

            Hi all,

            I hope you all will take a minute to watch the Fiction Addiction video made by the Class of 2k14! I feel lucky to be part of this amazing group of debut writers!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UswbuvQ7Oaw

            Varsha

          • jwriter205@...
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
              Varsha,
                   That is so cute!!  Who is the singer?
                           Lynn

            • ctbkaty@...
              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014

                Yea Varsha! You are a star.

                Carmen

              • Bruce Foster
                Message 7 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                  LOVED that!  Best promo video I've seen in a while. Makes me want to buy them all.

                  Bruce Foster
                  http://www.paperpops.com
                  281-373-0846
                  832-594-8939 cell

                  Message 8 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014

                    So cute! And in case I haven’t mentioned it lately, I love Abbey! If I thought my Goodreads gif would show up here, I’d remind you how much. J

                  • Varsha Bajaj
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                      Dotti,
                      I broke my rule of not going to Goodreads just to see your GIF and I love it!!!!
                      Bruce, Carmen, Juli, thank you. I think the video is adorable!
                      Varsha

                      Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                          That is a great video, Varsha. And I love that each book has it's launch date listed. So much to look forward to! It's also nice that your cover stands out so well among all the other books--a bright, fun splash; the perfect tone for your story.

                          VonnaCarter.com: Children's & YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
                          twitter
                          facebook

                        • Varsha Bajaj
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                            Thank you Vonna! I do hope it gets seen. Would appreciate retweets and posts.
                            Varsha

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On Jan 7, 2014, at 3:40 PM, Vonna Carter <cartervk@...> wrote:

                            That is a great video, Varsha. And I love that each book has it's launch date listed. So much to look forward to! It's also nice that your cover stands out so well among all the other books--a bright, fun splash; the perfect tone for your story.

                            VonnaCarter.com: Children's & YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
                            twitter
                            facebook

                          • Doris Fisher
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                              Varsha,
                              This is so nice! I'm so happy for you. Congrats on the group book trailer.
                              I particularly like seeing the dates.

                              Doris

                              ++++++++++++
                              Children's Author
                              Army Camels, Jackson Sundown

                            • Lynne Kelly

                                Message 15 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                                  I was thinking the same thing Lynne! Great trailer - I love the title Fiction Addiction. Kristin and Varsha both represent our chapter with such charm - wishing y'all both great success! And so looking forward to reading y'all's books!

                                  Take care, McCourt

                                  On Jan 7, 2014, at 5:46 PM, Lynne Kelly <lynne01@...> wrote:

                                  Varsha, that is fabulous! Amazing job. It's so cool that Houston can claim two of the authors in that small group of debuters.

                                  Lynne

                                  .

                                • Maria Ashworth
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                                    Cute, cute, cute!

                                    Maria-Sent from my iPad
                                    www.mariaashworth.com
                                    Twitter: @maria_ashworth
                                  • Pat Miller
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                                      This video is every bit as awesome as its addicting authors. Congratulations, and best wishes for huge sales and starred reviews! Pat
                                    • Varsha Bajaj
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                                        Thanks Lynne, Maria, McCourt and Pat! Glad you guys like it.
                                        Varsha

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        On Jan 7, 2014, at 7:03 PM, Maria  Ashworth <mashworth113@...> wrote:

                                        Cute, cute, cute!

                                        Maria-Sent from my iPad
                                        www.mariaashworth.com
                                        Twitter: @maria_ashworth

                                      • Kelly Bennett
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014

                                          So much fun!!! Varsha it must be amazing to be a part of 2K14! I want to read them all—and meet these fun/interesting authors! Congrats!

                                          What’s new with Kelly Bennett Books? VAMPIRE BABY! (Candlewick Press, Ages 3-8)

                                          Watch the VAMPIRE BABY Book Trailer here!

                                          “YOUCH Tootie! NO BITE!”

                                          I hope you all will take a minute to watch the Fiction Addiction video made by the Class of 2k14! I feel lucky to be part of this amazing group of debut writers!
                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UswbuvQ7Oaw

                                          Varsha

                                        • Peggy
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014

                                            Fabulous, Varsha. I know you're proud of your whole group! Peggy

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Jan 8, 2014
                                                What a great video. Congratualtions on being part of 2K14!

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Jan 8, 2014

                                                  Varsha, if you know, I'm curious as to who the singer is
                                                  in the video.
                                                                 Thanks,
                                                             Lynn Abrams

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Jan 8, 2014

                                                    Lynn, I don’t but I will find out and let you know. He is a friend of one of the writers.

                                                    Varsha

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Jan 9, 2014
                                                        Thanks, Varsha. He certainly has a better-than-average voice.