Re: [scbwi-houston] Class of 2K14

  • CRYSTAL ALLEN
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 1, 2013
      Happy Launch Day, Varsha!  You add class to that group!  Enjoy the ride!

      SCBWI Tribe Rocks!

      Crystal

      On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Varsha Bajaj <author@...> wrote:

      It's LAUNCH DAY for @Class2k14!!! And I am excited to part of this amazing group of writers.

      We're celebrating with a $100 e-GIVEAWAY to any book retailer! #2k14books #KidLit http://classof2k14.com/class-of-2k14-launch-day-giveaway/

      Varsha Bajaj

      www.varshabajaj.com

    • Christina Mandelski
      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 1, 2013
        Congrats Varsha and to all 2k14 members!!

        I signed up for the giveaway -- super easy and a great site!

        xo,
        Chris

        THE SWEETEST THING a young adult novel about love, loss and cake.
        Egmont USA
        www.christinamandelski.com

        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 1, 2013
          Congratulations, Varsha! and all the 2k14ers. I signed up!

          --
          Visit me at kathyduval.com!
        • Varsha Bajaj
          Message 4 of 28 , Jul 11, 2013

            Hi all,

            We're celebrating with a $100 e-GIVEAWAY to any book retailer! #2k14books #KidLit http://classof2k14.com/class-of-2k14-launch-day-giveaway/

            FIVE days left for the launch giveaway to close. Thank you, thank you,  to everyone who entered and liked us on Facebook or twitter .

            I would enter for $100 to a book retailer if I was eligibleJ

            Varsha Bajaj

            www.varshabajaj.com

          • Varsha Bajaj
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014

              Hi all,

              I hope you all will take a minute to watch the Fiction Addiction video made by the Class of 2k14! I feel lucky to be part of this amazing group of debut writers!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UswbuvQ7Oaw

              Varsha

            • jwriter205@...
              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                Varsha,
                     That is so cute!!  Who is the singer?
                             Lynn

              • ctbkaty@...
                Message 7 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014

                  Yea Varsha! You are a star.

                  Carmen

                • Bruce Foster
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                    LOVED that!  Best promo video I've seen in a while. Makes me want to buy them all.

                    Bruce Foster
                    http://www.paperpops.com
                    281-373-0846
                    832-594-8939 cell

                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014

                      So cute! And in case I haven’t mentioned it lately, I love Abbey! If I thought my Goodreads gif would show up here, I’d remind you how much. J

                    • Varsha Bajaj
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                        Dotti,
                        I broke my rule of not going to Goodreads just to see your GIF and I love it!!!!
                        Bruce, Carmen, Juli, thank you. I think the video is adorable!
                        Varsha

                        Sent from my iPhone

                          Message 12 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                            That is a great video, Varsha. And I love that each book has it's launch date listed. So much to look forward to! It's also nice that your cover stands out so well among all the other books--a bright, fun splash; the perfect tone for your story.

                            VonnaCarter.com: Children's & YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
                            twitter
                            facebook

                          • Varsha Bajaj
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                              Thank you Vonna! I do hope it gets seen. Would appreciate retweets and posts.
                              Varsha

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              On Jan 7, 2014, at 3:40 PM, Vonna Carter <cartervk@...> wrote:

                              That is a great video, Varsha. And I love that each book has it's launch date listed. So much to look forward to! It's also nice that your cover stands out so well among all the other books--a bright, fun splash; the perfect tone for your story.

                              VonnaCarter.com: Children's & YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
                              twitter
                              facebook

                            • Doris Fisher
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                                Varsha,
                                This is so nice! I'm so happy for you. Congrats on the group book trailer.
                                I particularly like seeing the dates.

                                Doris

                                ++++++++++++
                                Children's Author
                                Army Camels, Jackson Sundown

                              • Lynne Kelly

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                                    I was thinking the same thing Lynne! Great trailer - I love the title Fiction Addiction. Kristin and Varsha both represent our chapter with such charm - wishing y'all both great success! And so looking forward to reading y'all's books!

                                    Take care, McCourt

                                    On Jan 7, 2014, at 5:46 PM, Lynne Kelly <lynne01@...> wrote:

                                    Varsha, that is fabulous! Amazing job. It's so cool that Houston can claim two of the authors in that small group of debuters.

                                    Lynne

                                    .

                                  • Maria Ashworth
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                                      Cute, cute, cute!

                                      Maria-Sent from my iPad
                                      www.mariaashworth.com
                                      Twitter: @maria_ashworth
                                    • Pat Miller
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                                        This video is every bit as awesome as its addicting authors. Congratulations, and best wishes for huge sales and starred reviews! Pat
                                      • Varsha Bajaj
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014
                                          Thanks Lynne, Maria, McCourt and Pat! Glad you guys like it.
                                          Varsha

                                          Sent from my iPhone

                                          On Jan 7, 2014, at 7:03 PM, Maria  Ashworth <mashworth113@...> wrote:

                                          Cute, cute, cute!

                                          Maria-Sent from my iPad
                                          www.mariaashworth.com
                                          Twitter: @maria_ashworth

                                        • Kelly Bennett
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014

                                            So much fun!!! Varsha it must be amazing to be a part of 2K14! I want to read them all—and meet these fun/interesting authors! Congrats!

                                            What’s new with Kelly Bennett Books? VAMPIRE BABY! (Candlewick Press, Ages 3-8)

                                            Watch the VAMPIRE BABY Book Trailer here!

                                            “YOUCH Tootie! NO BITE!”

                                            I hope you all will take a minute to watch the Fiction Addiction video made by the Class of 2k14! I feel lucky to be part of this amazing group of debut writers!
                                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UswbuvQ7Oaw

                                            Varsha

                                          • Peggy
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jan 7, 2014

                                              Fabulous, Varsha. I know you're proud of your whole group! Peggy

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Jan 8, 2014
                                                  What a great video. Congratualtions on being part of 2K14!

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Jan 8, 2014

                                                    Varsha, if you know, I'm curious as to who the singer is
                                                    in the video.
                                                                   Thanks,
                                                               Lynn Abrams

                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Jan 8, 2014

                                                      Lynn, I don’t but I will find out and let you know. He is a friend of one of the writers.

                                                      Varsha

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Jan 9, 2014
                                                          Thanks, Varsha. He certainly has a better-than-average voice.