Re: [scbwi-houston] Kathi Appelt

  • ctbkaty@...
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 23, 2013

      I saw that Rita. Very cool. One of my friends worked for public TV in Lexington, KY and did a special with Lyle Lovett. She said that he is a very nice guy.

      Carmen

    • Rita Mills
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 24, 2013

        Lyle Lovett is a very nice guy, and one of the few I would spend money to see in concert.........:o)

        Kathi is a very nice lady as well............go figure they would be getting together to do something..........:o)..........Rita

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Rita Mills

        rita.mills@...

        713-937-9184 (office to leave a message or RSVP for an event)

        866-289-1777 (fax)

        281-744-0626 (cell -- don’t text)

        www.BookConnectionOnline.com (Extension #1 on 713-937-9184)

        www.TheNewEraTimes.com (Extension #2 on 713-937-9184)

      • Millie Martin
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 25, 2013
          Wow! What a wonderful combination of two talented and amazing people.

          Lyle sang at Kathi and Ken's wedding. It's a college friendship that has lasted through the years.

          Other than admiring our son's date and taking her to the Clinton inaugural ball, I hear only positive things from the tons of people among the Klein community who know Lyle personally. I love all of his music but have a special fondness for his very first album.

          Most of us know Kathi, not only for her talent, but also for her giving nature.

          “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
          Mark Twain

          Millie Theis Martin, Ph.D.
          ARA, Houston SCBWI
          13319 Spring Hollow Drive
          Tomball, TX 77375
          (713) 822-5285; (281) 351-7090

        • Varsha Bajaj
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 16, 2013

            I am sure some of have seen this already.

            The National Book Awards finalists were announced today and Kathi Appelt is nominated as a finalist AGAIN!!!

            http://www.nationalbook.org/nba2013.html#.Ul6HQRCzI0I

            Varsha

            www.varshabajaj.com

            Abby Spencer Goes to Bollywood (Whitman, March 2014)

            Our Baby (Nancy Paulsen Books, forthcoming)

            How Many Kisses Do You Want Tonight?(Little Brown, April 2004)

            T is for Taj Mahal (Sleeping Bear Press, 2011)

          • ctbkaty@...
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 16, 2013

              BRAVO KATHI! You make us proud.

              Carmen

            • Peggy
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 16, 2013

                Congrats to Kathi. What an inspiration for the rest of us. Her creativity and writing skills are stupendous! Peggy Shallock

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 16, 2013
                  Yeah Kathi! It's a superb read!
                  Kathy Whitehead
                  ---- Varsha Bajaj <author@...> wrote:

                  > I am sure some of have seen this already.
                  >

                  > The National Book Awards finalists were announced today and Kathi Appelt is
                  > nominated as a finalist AGAIN!!!
                  >

                  > http://www.nationalbook.org/nba2013.html#.Ul6HQRCzI0I
                  >

                  > Varsha
                  >

                  > www.varshabajaj.com
                  >
                  > Abby Spencer Goes to Bollywood (Whitman, March 2014)
                  >
                  > Our Baby (Nancy Paulsen Books, forthcoming)
                  >
                  > How Many Kisses Do You Want Tonight?(Little Brown, April 2004)
                  >
                  > T is for Taj Mahal (Sleeping Bear Press, 2011)

                • katina chimney
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 16, 2013
                    Good job Kathi! Houston has the best SCBWI group, hands down!!!

                    This is your life. Live it.

                       This is such wonderful news for Kathi! If it was an award for kindness, she'd be the winner without question!

                      Doris Fisher

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 17, 2013
                        Brilliant again, Kathi!

                        Tayyba