This Week's Events

  • Vonna Carter
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 11, 2013
      The one author event for this week is up on my blog, plus a rundown of the kids' and YA book clubs being hosted by local bookstores this summer. Joy's launch was so much fun, and it was great to see such a strong turnout from our SCBWI group. Go, Houston SCBWI!

      Vonna
    • Vonna Carter
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 17, 2013
        Our coming weekend is packed with children's and young adult's author events, including our own Joy Preble and Kelly Bennett! And for those of you who are interested in writing across genres--YA, NA and Adult, local author Rachel Harris will be discussing this at her event. Also appearing: big-name authors Melissa de la Cruz and Jonathan Stroud! On my blog.

        VonnaCarter.com: Lists! Children's and YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/ Online Workshops
        twitter
        facebook

      • Rose Garcia
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 17, 2013
          Thank you, Vonna for always keeping us posted on our local author events! You ROCK!!

          Rose
          Author of YA Fiction

          On Sep 17, 2013, at 8:48 AM, Vonna Carter <cartervk@...> wrote:

          Our coming weekend is packed with children's and young adult's author events, including our own Joy Preble and Kelly Bennett! And for those of you who are interested in writing across genres--YA, NA and Adult, local author Rachel Harris will be discussing this at her event. Also appearing: big-name authors Melissa de la Cruz and Jonathan Stroud! On my blog.

          VonnaCarter.com: Lists! Children's and YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/ Online Workshops
          twitter
          facebook

        • msmo1958

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 25, 2013
              Sorry for the delay, but this week's children's and young adults' author events are now on my blog.

              VonnaCarter.com: Lists! Children's and YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
              twitter
              facebook

            • katina chimney
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 25, 2013
                Thanks Vonna!

                This is your life. Live it.

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 22, 2013
                  Tons of Author/Illustrator events this week! Including:

                  The National Black Book Festival
                  Katherine Applegate
                  Octavia Spencer
                  Jon Scieszka & Mac Barnett

                  And...Houston SCBWI authors:
                  Marianne Dyson
                  Patricia Barry Rumble

                  Plus a workshop on building your writing community (we should ALL go to that one!)

                  On my blog.

                  VonnaCarter.com: Children's & YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
                  twitter
                  facebook

                • Vonna Carter

                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 10 8:45 AM
                              Lots of author visits plus a workshop or two:
                              http://vonnacarter.com/wordpress/?p=14037

                              I know it will probably be raining, but I hope many of us will be at Blue Willow this afternoon to welcome the two authors from Austin, Jo Whittmore and Cory Putnam Oakes.