Re: [scbwi-houston] Congratulations to Maria Ashworth, NAESP Contest Finalist!

  • martygra1@...
    Message 1 of 16 , May 8, 2013
      Way to go Maria! Sounds like you have a winner on your hands! And Dee, did I understand you to say you have an entry in the PB category here too?? Is that so?? :D ?
      Marty
      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 8, 2013, at 4:43 PM, Dee <chocolatewriter@...> wrote:

      Maria Ashworth was announced as one of the five finalists in the chapter book category of the NAESP Children’s Book Award Contest!

      There is also a picture book category. The two winners will be announced in May. Fingers crossed here!

      NAESP stands for The National Association of Elementary School Principals. Each year, they sponsor a Children’s Book of the Year Contest in cooperation with Charlesbridge Publishing which offers a contract to the winners.

      Maria’s middle grade historical fiction entry, SUSHI KITTY, also got her nominated for the Joan Lowery Nixon Award.

      With so much positive attention, this manuscript is sure to be picked up soon!

      Congratulations, Maria! Best of luck!

      Dee Leone

    • Chantee Hale
      Message 2 of 16 , May 9, 2013

        Woohoo Maria! Congrats!

        Chantee Hale
        Member, SCBWI, RWA, & YALitChat.
        Check me out on your mobile or at home at www.chanteehale.com

      • typingcrazy
        Message 3 of 16 , May 9, 2013
          You put so much into this book. Way to go, Maria!

          Monica

          --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Dee <chocolatewriter@...> wrote:

          > Maria Ashworth was announced as
          > one of the five finalists in the chapter book category of the NAESP Children’s
          > Book Award Contest!
          >
          > There is also a picture book
          > category. The two winners will be announced in May. Fingers crossed here!
          >
          > NAESP stands for The National
          > Association of Elementary School Principals. Each year, they sponsor a
          > Children’s Book of the Year Contest in cooperation with Charlesbridge
          > Publishing which offers a contract to the winners.
          >
          > Maria’s middle grade historical
          > fiction entry, SUSHI KITTY, also got her nominated for the Joan Lowery Nixon
          > Award.
          >
          > With so much positive attention,
          > this manuscript is sure to be picked up soon!
          >
          > Congratulations, Maria! Best of
          > luck!
          >
          > Dee Leone

        • joypreble
          Message 4 of 16 , May 9, 2013
            Yes, bravo Maria!!! Such great news!

            Joy Preble
            www.joypreble.com
            THE SWEET DEAD LIFE (May 2013, Soho Press)
            THE A WORD (May 2014, Soho Press)

            --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Chantee Hale <chantee.hale@...> wrote:

            > Woohoo Maria! Congrats!
            >
            > Chantee Hale
            > Member, SCBWI, RWA, & YALitChat.
            > Check me out on your mobile or at home at www.chanteehale.com

          • Dee
            Message 5 of 16 , May 9, 2013
              Marty. I didn't participate in the contest. I was merely giving the information in case someone wants to enter the NAESP contest in the future. Charlesbridge offers to publish one PB in conjunction with the competition and one MG.

              However, my easy reader contract with Grosset & Dunlap, an imprint of Penguin, is expected to be done this week. I'm so excited!

              Dee Leone

            • martygra1@...
              Message 6 of 16 , May 9, 2013
                Well then!!! That news! Congratulations!
                Marty

                Sent from my iPhone

                On May 9, 2013, at 10:01 AM, Dee <chocolatewriter@...> wrote:

                Marty. I didn't participate in the contest. I was merely giving the information in case someone wants to enter the NAESP contest in the future. Charlesbridge offers to publish one PB in conjunction with the competition and one MG.

                However, my easy reader contract with Grosset & Dunlap, an imprint of Penguin, is expected to be done this week. I'm so excited!

                Dee Leone

              • Peggy
                Message 7 of 16 , May 9, 2013

                  WOW! Maria, that is so great. Good luck with Sushi Kitty.

                  Peggy Shallock

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 9, 2013
                    Yay, Maria! Good luck! Kathy

                    --
                    Visit me at kathyduval.com!
                  • Maria Ashworth
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 10, 2013
                      Thank you to everyone for your support and to my critique partner Dee for doing that shout out. I'm crazy excited and hope SUSHI KITTY gets her way to the market soon. I'll let you guys know.

                      Sent from my iPad
                    • Dee
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 11, 2013
                        You deserve it!