Re: [scbwi-houston] A star among us

  • Stephanie Green
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2013
      Lynne,
      I'm so proud and happy for you!!!
      Stephanie

      On Apr 30, 2013, at 7:29 PM, Vicki Sansum wrote:

      Hi all,
      Below is an email I received last night from the national SCBWI office with some fabulous news about our own Lynne Kelly. Her book CHAINED won our region's Crystal Kite Award. Congratulations, Lynne!
      Vicki

      Dear Lynne,

      Congratulations!  Your book CHAINED has been awarded the Crystal Kite from your SCBWI region.  As you know, members voted for the book they felt represented excellence in children’s literature, and you came out on top.  We here at SCBWI headquarters are thrilled for you, as are all your friends and associates in the SCBWI.

      There is a press release announcing the fifteen Crystal Kite winners going out tomorrow to all the major children’s literature news and social networking sources.  You may also be contacted by Lee Wind who is the SCBWI blogger for an interview for our website.  Crystal Kite Awards are formally presented at a regional conference close to you, which in your case, probably means the Houston conference.  Your regional advisor, Vicki Sansum, is being copied on this, so you can make arrangements to receive your award, which by the way, is a beautiful engraved Crystal Kite!  Most regional advisors ask the recipient to deliver a presentation and/or short acceptance speech.

      One of the Crystal Kite winners will be selected to present a keynote speech either at the SCBWI Mid Winter Conference in New York 2014 or at the Summer Conference in Los Angeles, 2014.  If you would like to be in the running for that, you must submit a proposal for your speech---no more than one page---to me, linoliver@... by November 1.  If you are selected, you will of course come to the conference at our expense where you will be hailed by all.

      Again, our heartiest congratulations on this wonderful achievement.  As of tomorrow, feel free to tell the world about your Crystal Kite achievement, using all media at your disposal.  We’re so happy for you---the SBWI is proud to honor such excellence.

      All best,

      LIN OLIVER, Executive Director and STEPHEN MOOSER, President

      Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators