Re: A star among us

  • millie martin
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2013
      Congratulations, Lynne.

      It's a well-deserved honor.

      All the best,

      “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
      Mark Twain

      Millie Theis Martin, Ph.D.
      ARA, Houston SCBWI
      13319 Spring Hollow Drive
      Tomball, TX 77375
      (713) 822-5285; (281) 351-7090

    • Gail Greenberg
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2013
        Five Stars, Lynne! I never doubted you would win. Your book is fantastic.
        Congrats big time!
        Gail
        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2013
          Just wanted to add my congratulations to the mix.  Loved the book and the bookmark. The award is well deserved and I foresee more to come.

          Pam V.

          Message 4 of 14 , May 1, 2013
            Congrats Lynne! What an honor!

            --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Vicki Sansum <vsansum@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            > Below is an email I received last night from the national SCBWI office
            > with some fabulous news about our own Lynne Kelly. Her book CHAINED won
            > our region's Crystal Kite Award. Congratulations, Lynne!
            > Vicki
            >
            > Dear Lynne,
            >
            > Congratulations! Your book CHAINED has been awarded the Crystal Kite
            > from your SCBWI region. As you know, members voted for the book they
            > felt represented excellence in children's literature, and you came out
            > on top. We here at SCBWI headquarters are thrilled for you, as are all
            > your friends and associates in the SCBWI.
            >
            > There is a press release announcing the fifteen Crystal Kite winners
            > going out tomorrow to all the major children's literature news and
            > social networking sources. You may also be contacted by Lee Wind who is
            > the SCBWI blogger for an interview for our website. Crystal Kite Awards
            > are formally presented at a regional conference close to you, which in
            > your case, probably means the Houston conference. Your regional
            > advisor, Vicki Sansum, is being copied on this, so you can make
            > arrangements to receive your award, which by the way, is a beautiful
            > engraved Crystal Kite! Most regional advisors ask the recipient to
            > deliver a presentation and/or short acceptance speech.
            >
            > One of the Crystal Kite winners will be selected to present a keynote
            > speech either at the SCBWI Mid Winter Conference in New York 2014 or at
            > the Summer Conference in Los Angeles, 2014. If you would like to be in
            > the running for that, you must submit a proposal for your speech---no
            > more than one page---to me, linoliver@... by November 1. If you
            > are selected, you will of course come to the conference at our expense
            > where you will be hailed by all.
            >
            > Again, our heartiest congratulations on this wonderful achievement. As
            > of tomorrow, feel free to tell the world about your Crystal Kite
            > achievement, using all media at your disposal. We're so happy for
            > you---the SBWI is proud to honor such excellence.
            >
            > All best,
            >
            > LIN OLIVER, /Executive Director and /STEPHEN MOOSER/, President/
            >
            > /Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators/

          • Lynne Kelly
            Message 5 of 14 , May 1, 2013
              Thanks again, everyone! I'll be thinking about a proposal to send in about presenting at a national conference, though I'll have some stiff competition and will need to figure out what in the world I'd say in a keynote speech.

              I know this much-- the book couldn't have happened without my SCBWI people!

              Lynne

              On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM, sharonvgriffin@... <sharonvgriffin@...> wrote:

              Congrats Lynne! What an honor!

              --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Vicki Sansum <vsansum@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              > Below is an email I received last night from the national SCBWI office
              > with some fabulous news about our own Lynne Kelly. Her book CHAINED won
              > our region's Crystal Kite Award. Congratulations, Lynne!
              > Vicki
              >
              > Dear Lynne,
              >
              > Congratulations! Your book CHAINED has been awarded the Crystal Kite
              > from your SCBWI region. As you know, members voted for the book they
              > felt represented excellence in children's literature, and you came out
              > on top. We here at SCBWI headquarters are thrilled for you, as are all
              > your friends and associates in the SCBWI.
              >
              > There is a press release announcing the fifteen Crystal Kite winners
              > going out tomorrow to all the major children's literature news and
              > social networking sources. You may also be contacted by Lee Wind who is
              > the SCBWI blogger for an interview for our website. Crystal Kite Awards
              > are formally presented at a regional conference close to you, which in
              > your case, probably means the Houston conference. Your regional
              > advisor, Vicki Sansum, is being copied on this, so you can make
              > arrangements to receive your award, which by the way, is a beautiful
              > engraved Crystal Kite! Most regional advisors ask the recipient to
              > deliver a presentation and/or short acceptance speech.
              >
              > One of the Crystal Kite winners will be selected to present a keynote
              > speech either at the SCBWI Mid Winter Conference in New York 2014 or at
              > the Summer Conference in Los Angeles, 2014. If you would like to be in
              > the running for that, you must submit a proposal for your speech---no
              > more than one page---to me, linoliver@... by November 1. If you
              > are selected, you will of course come to the conference at our expense
              > where you will be hailed by all.
              >
              > Again, our heartiest congratulations on this wonderful achievement. As
              > of tomorrow, feel free to tell the world about your Crystal Kite
              > achievement, using all media at your disposal. We're so happy for
              > you---the SBWI is proud to honor such excellence.
              >
              > All best,
              >
              > LIN OLIVER, /Executive Director and /STEPHEN MOOSER/, President/
              >
              > /Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators/

            • katina chimney
              Message 6 of 14 , May 1, 2013
                Congrats Lynn!!! :-)

                This is your life. Live it.

                Thanks again, everyone! I'll be thinking about a proposal to send in about presenting at a national conference, though I'll have some stiff competition and will need to figure out what in the world I'd say in a keynote speech.

                I know this much-- the book couldn't have happened without my SCBWI people!

                Lynne

                On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM, sharonvgriffin@... <sharonvgriffin@...> wrote:

                Congrats Lynne! What an honor!

                --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Vicki Sansum <vsansum@...> wrote:

                > Hi all,
                > Below is an email I received last night from the national SCBWI office
                > with some fabulous news about our own Lynne Kelly. Her book CHAINED won
                > our region's Crystal Kite Award. Congratulations, Lynne!
                > Vicki
                >
                > Dear Lynne,
                >
                > Congratulations! Your book CHAINED has been awarded the Crystal Kite
                > from your SCBWI region. As you know, members voted for the book they
                > felt represented excellence in children's literature, and you came out
                > on top. We here at SCBWI headquarters are thrilled for you, as are all
                > your friends and associates in the SCBWI.
                >
                > There is a press release announcing the fifteen Crystal Kite winners
                > going out tomorrow to all the major children's literature news and
                > social networking sources. You may also be contacted by Lee Wind who is
                > the SCBWI blogger for an interview for our website. Crystal Kite Awards
                > are formally presented at a regional conference close to you, which in
                > your case, probably means the Houston conference. Your regional
                > advisor, Vicki Sansum, is being copied on this, so you can make
                > arrangements to receive your award, which by the way, is a beautiful
                > engraved Crystal Kite! Most regional advisors ask the recipient to
                > deliver a presentation and/or short acceptance speech.
                >
                > One of the Crystal Kite winners will be selected to present a keynote
                > speech either at the SCBWI Mid Winter Conference in New York 2014 or at
                > the Summer Conference in Los Angeles, 2014. If you would like to be in
                > the running for that, you must submit a proposal for your speech---no
                > more than one page---to me, linoliver@... by November 1. If you
                > are selected, you will of course come to the conference at our expense
                > where you will be hailed by all.
                >
                > Again, our heartiest congratulations on this wonderful achievement. As
                > of tomorrow, feel free to tell the world about your Crystal Kite
                > achievement, using all media at your disposal. We're so happy for
                > you---the SBWI is proud to honor such excellence.
                >
                > All best,
                >
                > LIN OLIVER, /Executive Director and /STEPHEN MOOSER/, President/
                >
                > /Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators/

              • Stephanie Green