Re: A star among us

  • Jenny Moss
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 30, 2013
      Yay, Lynne!!!
    • millie martin
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2013
        Congratulations, Lynne.

        It's a well-deserved honor.

        All the best,

        “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
        Mark Twain

        Millie Theis Martin, Ph.D.
        ARA, Houston SCBWI
        13319 Spring Hollow Drive
        Tomball, TX 77375
        (713) 822-5285; (281) 351-7090

      • Gail Greenberg
        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2013
          Five Stars, Lynne! I never doubted you would win. Your book is fantastic.
          Congrats big time!
          Gail
          Message 4 of 14 , May 1, 2013
            Just wanted to add my congratulations to the mix.  Loved the book and the bookmark. The award is well deserved and I foresee more to come.

            Pam V.

            Message 5 of 14 , May 1, 2013
              Congrats Lynne! What an honor!

              --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Vicki Sansum <vsansum@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              > Below is an email I received last night from the national SCBWI office
              > with some fabulous news about our own Lynne Kelly. Her book CHAINED won
              > our region's Crystal Kite Award. Congratulations, Lynne!
              > Vicki
              >
              > Dear Lynne,
              >
              > Congratulations! Your book CHAINED has been awarded the Crystal Kite
              > from your SCBWI region. As you know, members voted for the book they
              > felt represented excellence in children's literature, and you came out
              > on top. We here at SCBWI headquarters are thrilled for you, as are all
              > your friends and associates in the SCBWI.
              >
              > There is a press release announcing the fifteen Crystal Kite winners
              > going out tomorrow to all the major children's literature news and
              > social networking sources. You may also be contacted by Lee Wind who is
              > the SCBWI blogger for an interview for our website. Crystal Kite Awards
              > are formally presented at a regional conference close to you, which in
              > your case, probably means the Houston conference. Your regional
              > advisor, Vicki Sansum, is being copied on this, so you can make
              > arrangements to receive your award, which by the way, is a beautiful
              > engraved Crystal Kite! Most regional advisors ask the recipient to
              > deliver a presentation and/or short acceptance speech.
              >
              > One of the Crystal Kite winners will be selected to present a keynote
              > speech either at the SCBWI Mid Winter Conference in New York 2014 or at
              > the Summer Conference in Los Angeles, 2014. If you would like to be in
              > the running for that, you must submit a proposal for your speech---no
              > more than one page---to me, linoliver@... by November 1. If you
              > are selected, you will of course come to the conference at our expense
              > where you will be hailed by all.
              >
              > Again, our heartiest congratulations on this wonderful achievement. As
              > of tomorrow, feel free to tell the world about your Crystal Kite
              > achievement, using all media at your disposal. We're so happy for
              > you---the SBWI is proud to honor such excellence.
              >
              > All best,
              >
              > LIN OLIVER, /Executive Director and /STEPHEN MOOSER/, President/
              >
              > /Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators/

            • Lynne Kelly
              Message 6 of 14 , May 1, 2013
                Thanks again, everyone! I'll be thinking about a proposal to send in about presenting at a national conference, though I'll have some stiff competition and will need to figure out what in the world I'd say in a keynote speech.

                I know this much-- the book couldn't have happened without my SCBWI people!

                Lynne

                On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM, sharonvgriffin@... <sharonvgriffin@...> wrote:

                Congrats Lynne! What an honor!

                --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Vicki Sansum <vsansum@...> wrote:

                > Hi all,
                > Below is an email I received last night from the national SCBWI office
                > with some fabulous news about our own Lynne Kelly. Her book CHAINED won
                > our region's Crystal Kite Award. Congratulations, Lynne!
                > Vicki
                >
                > Dear Lynne,
                >
                > Congratulations! Your book CHAINED has been awarded the Crystal Kite
                > from your SCBWI region. As you know, members voted for the book they
                > felt represented excellence in children's literature, and you came out
                > on top. We here at SCBWI headquarters are thrilled for you, as are all
                > your friends and associates in the SCBWI.
                >
                > There is a press release announcing the fifteen Crystal Kite winners
                > going out tomorrow to all the major children's literature news and
                > social networking sources. You may also be contacted by Lee Wind who is
                > the SCBWI blogger for an interview for our website. Crystal Kite Awards
                > are formally presented at a regional conference close to you, which in
                > your case, probably means the Houston conference. Your regional
                > advisor, Vicki Sansum, is being copied on this, so you can make
                > arrangements to receive your award, which by the way, is a beautiful
                > engraved Crystal Kite! Most regional advisors ask the recipient to
                > deliver a presentation and/or short acceptance speech.
                >
                > One of the Crystal Kite winners will be selected to present a keynote
                > speech either at the SCBWI Mid Winter Conference in New York 2014 or at
                > the Summer Conference in Los Angeles, 2014. If you would like to be in
                > the running for that, you must submit a proposal for your speech---no
                > more than one page---to me, linoliver@... by November 1. If you
                > are selected, you will of course come to the conference at our expense
                > where you will be hailed by all.
                >
                > Again, our heartiest congratulations on this wonderful achievement. As
                > of tomorrow, feel free to tell the world about your Crystal Kite
                > achievement, using all media at your disposal. We're so happy for
                > you---the SBWI is proud to honor such excellence.
                >
                > All best,
                >
                > LIN OLIVER, /Executive Director and /STEPHEN MOOSER/, President/
                >
                > /Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators/

              • katina chimney
                Message 7 of 14 , May 1, 2013
                  Congrats Lynn!!! :-)

                  This is your life. Live it.

                  Thanks again, everyone! I'll be thinking about a proposal to send in about presenting at a national conference, though I'll have some stiff competition and will need to figure out what in the world I'd say in a keynote speech.

                  I know this much-- the book couldn't have happened without my SCBWI people!

                  Lynne

                  On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM, sharonvgriffin@... <sharonvgriffin@...> wrote:

                  Congrats Lynne! What an honor!

                  --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Vicki Sansum <vsansum@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  > Below is an email I received last night from the national SCBWI office
                  > with some fabulous news about our own Lynne Kelly. Her book CHAINED won
                  > our region's Crystal Kite Award. Congratulations, Lynne!
                  > Vicki
                  >
                  > Dear Lynne,
                  >
                  > Congratulations! Your book CHAINED has been awarded the Crystal Kite
                  > from your SCBWI region. As you know, members voted for the book they
                  > felt represented excellence in children's literature, and you came out
                  > on top. We here at SCBWI headquarters are thrilled for you, as are all
                  > your friends and associates in the SCBWI.
                  >
                  > There is a press release announcing the fifteen Crystal Kite winners
                  > going out tomorrow to all the major children's literature news and
                  > social networking sources. You may also be contacted by Lee Wind who is
                  > the SCBWI blogger for an interview for our website. Crystal Kite Awards
                  > are formally presented at a regional conference close to you, which in
                  > your case, probably means the Houston conference. Your regional
                  > advisor, Vicki Sansum, is being copied on this, so you can make
                  > arrangements to receive your award, which by the way, is a beautiful
                  > engraved Crystal Kite! Most regional advisors ask the recipient to
                  > deliver a presentation and/or short acceptance speech.
                  >
                  > One of the Crystal Kite winners will be selected to present a keynote
                  > speech either at the SCBWI Mid Winter Conference in New York 2014 or at
                  > the Summer Conference in Los Angeles, 2014. If you would like to be in
                  > the running for that, you must submit a proposal for your speech---no
                  > more than one page---to me, linoliver@... by November 1. If you
                  > are selected, you will of course come to the conference at our expense
                  > where you will be hailed by all.
                  >
                  > Again, our heartiest congratulations on this wonderful achievement. As
                  > of tomorrow, feel free to tell the world about your Crystal Kite
                  > achievement, using all media at your disposal. We're so happy for
                  > you---the SBWI is proud to honor such excellence.
                  >
                  > All best,
                  >
                  > LIN OLIVER, /Executive Director and /STEPHEN MOOSER/, President/
                  >
                  > /Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators/

                • Stephanie Green