Lake Charles event

  • Vicki Sansum
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2013
      Hi all,

      Below is an announcement about a writing course in Lake Charles from an SCBWI member who attended our conference (last year and this year).

      Linda Hurst
      linda@...
      Assistant Professor
      McNeese State University
      Dept. of Teacher Education
      Lake Charles, LA 70609

      cell #: 214-929-8368

      e are having a four week course on "How to Write a Picture Book" beginning this coming Tuesday and going through May 21st. It will be held in Lake Charles at the Central School for the Arts and Humanities, 809 Kirby Street, Suite 306, from 4:30 until 7:00pm.

       I will be the instructor. (My credentials: I have a doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction/and I teach Language Arts/reading courses at the university level. Every semester, students in my language arts classes publish their own picture book.) The goal for this course is for students to leave with a finished manuscript ready for submission to a publisher. Cost is $100 for non-SCBWI (or non-SWLA Guild) members, or $75 for SCBWI members. If a member brings a friend, the two of them can participate for a discounted price of $50/person.
      I know it is probably too far for some of your members to drive, but there may be people in the eastern Texas areas that might enjoy participating.

      So if any of you have friends in Lake Charles, pass this on.

      Thanks!
      Vicki
      vsansum@...