Mea Culpa

  • marydwade@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2013
      I knew when I sent that list of conference workers last night that I would forget somebody.

      DORIS FISHER and her little bell have been our source of door prizes for 10 years...and I even won one yesterday!

      Doris is retiring from that job -- to be taken over by Lynne Hornig. The whole chapter is grateful to Doris for her faithful attention to gathering books to give away, and we are very proud to present a scholarship to an SCBWI conference in her honor.

      I also failed to congratulate those who are finalists for the Joan Lowery Nixon award. The winner will be announced as soon as Kathy Appelt makes her decision.

      Kudos to everyone who worked on the conference, and if I've left out anyone else, please help out my muddled brain.

      Marydw