Re: Accolades all around

  • JoAn Watson Martin
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 15, 2013
      I am so glad Arno got the award. Years ago I was trying to run the critiques. Arno was helping me. He was a so much better organizer, I backed out and just helped him. I have never seen anyone his equal.
      The auction blew me away. How on earth did Chantee manage to do such a difficult job? I could name many more but would forget someone.
      I have been to many conferences and workshops, but in my mind I always compare them to SCBWI. BAD IDEA! Nobody
      does it like my SCBWI. I enjoyed both days and the organization is soooo expert. Thanks to everyone.

      JoAn

      JoAn Watson Martin
      2407 Kilgore Rd.
      Baytown TX 77520

    • Dee
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 15, 2013
        I second all that! And thanks to everyone who helped me stuff folders and to McCourt for doing the registration and critique table check-in. Also, thanks to all the drivers and to Maria for arranging those and the name tags. And thanks to all the rest of the people who helped in some way or another.

        Dee
      • Varsha Bajaj
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 16, 2013

          Thank you to everyone who volunteered for the Conference, no matter what you did or how you helped. And a big thank you to Vicki for leading the effort!

          Varsha

        • Peggy
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 16, 2013

            Thanks to all who helped the conference be such a big success. We have a fabulous reputation because of all the behind the scenes work that makes it come off so well. I wish Vicki could have taken a day or two off to recoup, whle the rest of us came home invigorated and ready to write and rewrite. peggy