A couple of things

  • Vicki Sansum
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2013
      Hi all,

      One, I posted that Florencia Jones needed a roommate for the conference, well luck smiled on her and she secured the last room at the Hilton Garden Inn, so she's good. Hotel rooms might be sold out, but we still are open for registration for the conference www.houstonscbwi.org

      Second, TLA (Texas Library Association) is coming up very quickly. This year it's in Ft. Worth. There is no sourcebook this year, however there will be a flyer with SCBWI information passed out at the event. For all of you who are PAL published and interested in school visits, please read the below announcement from the NC/NE chapter.

      Thanks!
      Vicki
      vsansum@...

      TheTexas Library Association conference in Fort Worth is around the corner. During the April 25-27 conference, the NC/NE Texas and the other Texas chapters will host a booth to promote SCBWI and our Texas-based PAL authors and illustrators as speakers.

      Why reinvent the kite? This year, we are pointing TLA members to the SCBWI Speaker’s Bureau (www.scbwi.org/Pages.aspx/Speaker-Bureau) instead of publishing a printed speaker directory to hand to teachers and librarians that will be outdated immediately and get lost or filed away. The online directory is free, searchable, more current and always at librarians’ fingertips.

      Thisis where you come in. There are more than 90 Texas-based speakers listed, but many are lacking photographs, bios and/or program titles and/or descriptions. Update your profile information.

      1.      From the SCBWI home page at www.scbwi.org, go to your Member Home then Manage Profile before April 25.

      2.      If you are a PAL member, you can opt in to be listed in the Speaker’s Bureau.

      3.      If you are actively offering yourself as a speaker in schools, be sure to opt in and update your information.

      Don’t be a blank page!