Re: [scbwi-houston] Rhyming Poetry Translation

  • Wayne Edwards
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2013
      I only forwarded the e-mail that I received verbatim. I know nothing about the company. I wasn't thinking of getting published through it. I did think it might be interesting to review one of the poems that they want translated and told them so. Everyone is on their own.
      Wayne

      On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Erin <erin2frankel@...> wrote:

      Thanks, Pam. The poet in me was immediately pulled in, but I have to do some homework on them first. Would prefer to break into the poetry market in the US. Thanks for the advice.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 1, 2013, at 6:53 PM, PamLV@... wrote:

      Erin,  Do your homework on this company.  Overseas companies are not held to the same laws and standards we are in the US.  Know what you are getting into and check it out thoroughly.  Good luck, Pam V.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
        I am not saying they are bad.  They may be quite legit and a great opportunity, but best to be cautious with Internet inquiries from unknown foreign companies.  Watch what info you send them such as SS# and personal details.

        Pam