Re: [scbwi-houston] Author opportunity in Seabrook

  • marydwade@...
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 18, 2013
      Hi, Carmen,

      I'm glad to come as usual and will do a presentation.

      Beautiful library, but I wish they could find a more open area for the presentations so that people could be drawn in better.

      Happy Easter Egg!

      Mary

      In a message dated 3/18/2013 4:57:31 P.M. Central Daylight Time, ctbkaty@... writes:

      Hi All,

      We're having authors and ice cream again at the Evelyn Meador Library in Seabrook either July 13 or July 20. Like last year, you will be able to display and sell your books. The only requirement is a 10% donation of your sales to the Friends of the Library. You can also do a presentation if you like. We had fun last year and will again I'm sure. If you would like to participate, please let me know which Saturday would be best for you. The event was from 12-4.

      Thanks.
      Carmen

    • ctbkaty@...

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 18, 2013
          Agree about the need for space for authors.

          Also, the room for the presentations back in the corner is lovely, but sessions weren't well attended because few people knew anything was happening there.

          Great facilities, though. So glad they got funding to do that...and I love those etched windows.

          Mary

[...]

        • JoAn Watson Martin
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 19, 2013
            Carmen,
            Count me in on the Seabrook deal. July 20 is best for me. I met an
            old friend that day and
            revceived an invite to present at her church in March. Never know what
            might come from these presentations.
            I will do a presentation if needed.

            JoAn Martin