Re: [scbwi-houston] Re: Thursday Chronicle neighborhood editions

  • anna church
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 8, 2013
      Great article! Bravo Mary!
      Hugs
      Anna

      From: Dee <chocolatewriter@...>
      To: "scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com" <scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, March 8, 2013 11:51 AM
      Subject: [scbwi-houston] Re: Thursday Chronicle neighborhood editions

      And here's the link to the online article for those who couldn't see the scan.
      http://www.ultimatecyfair.com/stories/478771-community-retired-librarian-dusts-off-retells-chinese-folk-tale

    • Carmen Bredeson
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 8, 2013
        What a great article and wonderful picture Mary! Bravo.  Carmen

        On Mar 8, 2013, at 11:42 AM, Vonna Carter <cartervk@...> wrote:

        Short, but still GREAT! Bruce, thanks so much for the scan!
        Vonna

        On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM, <marydwade@...> wrote:
        Thanks, Bruce, for posting.

        And, Lynn, it's a very old Chinese folktale that couldn't find a home at publishers for a dozen years. Sleeping Bear did a wonderful job -- I love how the artist portrayed the action.

        Marydw

        In a message dated 3/8/2013 11:17:37 A.M. Central Standard Time, jwriter205@... writes:

        Hi Bruce,
           Thanks for providing the scan of Mary's article for those of us who hadn't seen it.
        And to Mary,
           Kudos to you on your newest book.  I was just looking at a Chinese restaurant
        placemat with my Little Sister and discussing the animals that represent the different
        years.  I never thought about the animals that were not included.
           The subject of your book sounds cute and just right.  Good wishes for lots of
        success with it!         All the best,
                                       Lynn Abrams

        From: marydwade@... <marydwade@...>
        To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Friday, March 8, 2013, 9:19 AM

        Well, the guy who interviewed me was very nice -- I just wish he'd been longer on text and smaller on the picture.

        The article was in yesterday's neighborhood sections for Cy-Fair and the Heights.

        Marydw, with my 5 seconds of fame

        --
        www.vonnacarter.com
        twitter

      • Ana Maria Rodriguez
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 8, 2013
          Congratulations, Mary! Nonfiction rocks!

          Sent from my iPhone
           Ana Maria Rodriguez

          On Mar 8, 2013, at 11:42 AM, "Varsha Bajaj" <author@...> wrote:

          Congratulations Mary! I admire your spirit and enthusiasm. I forwarded the article to Maya.

          Varsha

        • Tayyba Kanwal
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 8, 2013
            How delightful, Mary!

            Congratulations!

            Tayyba
          • millie martin
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
              Bruce, thanks for the scan.

              Mary, I enjoyed the article. You've had two careers contributing to
              children's literature.

              Congrats on your latest achievement.

              Millie Theis Martin, Ph. D.
              ARA, Houston SCBWI
              713.822.5285
              millieTmartin@...

              You can tell the deepest truths with the lies of fiction.
              — Isabel Allende
            • CRYSTAL ALLEN
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                Love the article, Mary. You sure look hot in that picture.  Lips all red and shiny.  You go, sexy momma!

                Crystal

              • marydwade@...

                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 10, 2013

                    Wish I got that neighborhood section. Would Love to see smiling Mary. Peggy

                    Unfortunately, he had only 400 words, giving some, to me anyway, irrelevant information but leaving out both my involvement with SCBWI and my website! Oh, well.

                    Mary

                    Wish I got one of those. I'd love to read your interview!

                    Visit me at kathyduval.com!