RE: [scbwi-houston] Conference Bookstore Reminder

  • Varsha Bajaj
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 23, 2013

      Vonna,

      Apologies. Will send it this weekend.

      Varsha

      From: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vonna Carter
      Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:20 AM
      To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [scbwi-houston] Conference Bookstore Reminder

      Authors, this is a reminder!

      DEADLINE APPROACHING!

      SCBWI PAL authors wishing to participate in the conference bookstore must send to Blue Willow Bookshop no later than Friday, March 8, 2013.  Both forms are printed below:

      1) The 2013 Houston SCBWI Conference Author Form

      2) The Independent Author Consignment Agreement.

      If you have questions, please either contact me at cartervk@... or Alice Meloy at staff@...

      Thanks, Vonna Carter

      2013 HOUSTON SCBWI CONFERENCE (April 13) AUTHOR FORM

      Name: _______________________________________________________________

      Contact Information:

      Phone Number:______________________________

      Fax Number: ________________________________

      Address: _____________________________________

      _____________________________________

      ______________________________________

      E-Mail

      Titles (In Print) that you would like us to have on hand at the conference bookstore:

      (Please provide 13 Digit ISBN when possible):

      ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

      ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

      If you have out of print titles please bring the filled out consignment form with you on Saturday morning with the books. You should have the retail price attached to each copy of the book. Books need to be picked up by 6:00 p.m. on Saturday.

      We want to make this conference a successful venture for all of the attending published authors. Please let us know if we can answer any questions.

       *******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

      Blue Willow Bookshop

      14532 Memorial Drive   Houston, Texas    77079                                            phone: 281-497-8675

      www.bluewillowbookshop.com                                                                                    fax: 281-497-0180

      Error! Filename not specified.

      Independent Author Policy and Agreement

       Technology has made independent publishing easier, often without professional editing, proofreading, and market evaluation. Because our space is limited, we cannot sell every published title, whether it be from a major publisher or from a self-published author. Just as we do when determining which books to buy from a publisher’s catalog, we consider several factors when deciding to carry titles from independent authors. These include the subject matter, production quality, retail price, and, of greatest importance, whether the book will appeal to our customers.

      Due to the economics of carrying and selling books by independent authors, it is our policy to take such book on consignment. If we decide to carry your book, we will ask you to sign an agreement as follows:

      1)      Consigned books may be left at Blue Willow Bookshop for six months.

      2)      Distribution of sales receipts for consigned books will be 60% to Consignor/Author and 40% to Blue Willow Bookshop.

      3)      Consignor may call us periodically to check on sales activity and may request payment at any time for books sold.

      4)      In the event that all copies are sold, the Consignor will be given the opportunity to sign a new agreement for additional copies of the book.

      5)      At the end of six months, it is the Consignor’s responsibility to pick up any unsold copies of the consigned book. If the author does not pick up the books at the end of the six-month period, the books will become the property of Blue Willow Bookshop and may be donated or disposed of at our discretion.

      Thank you for your interest in Blue Willow Bookshop and best of luck with your book.

      Independent Author Consignment Agreement

      Date: ________________

      Consignor/Author Name: _________________________________________________________

      Consignor/Author Address: _______________________________________________________

      Consignor/Author Phone or Email: _________________________________________________

      I have read the Independent Author Consignment Policy and agree to its terms. I am consigning to

      Blue Willow Bookshop the following title(s) for a period of six months from the date below. Blue Willow

      Bookshop will pay for each book sold an amount equal to 60% of the retail price. At the end

      of six months, should I fail to pick up the books, Blue Willow Bookshop may donate or dispose of

      them.

      Error! Filename not specified.      Signature:

      Error! Filename not specified.                               Signed for Blue Willow Bookshop:

      Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.Date   Qty   Title                                             ISBN                        Price     Sold     Ret     Paid     Ck No.

      --
      www.vonnacarter.com
      twitter

    • Vonna Carter
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 30, 2014
        Authors, this is a reminder that it is time to contact Blue Willow Bookshop! If you wish to have your book/s available for sale at our April conference, whether traditionally published or self-published, you must go through Blue Willow.

        Remember that all authors selling books must be:

        *current SCBWI members
        *registered for the conference
        *in attendance at the conference

        Attached is a letter from Valerie Koehler of Blue Willow Bookshop and two documents required for the sale of books at the conference. All participants must fill out the Author Form. There is also a consignment form for authors with out of print books or books not available through the Blue Willow distributor.

        Please return the completed, signed documents to:

        Alice Maloy EMAIL: staff@...

        The deadline to send your information to Blue Willow Bookshop is
        March 10.

        If you cannot open the attached documents, they are also available on our website.

        VonnaCarter.com: Children's & YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
        twitter
        facebook

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 30, 2014

          Vonna, I noticed that the consignment agreement attached was just a letter from Valerie to self-published authors who want to have their books sold at her shop and not the form you’d sent before for selling at the conference.

          Dotti

          ∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙

          aka Dax Varley (YA Author Fangirl Sin-Eater)

          http://www.daxvarley.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 30, 2014

                Yes. The consignment agreement you attached came with a letter about putting consignment books in the store and not about the conference. I think the form you sent before had specific selling at the conference instructions.

                Dotti

                ∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 30, 2014
                Dotti, is this what you are talking about? It is a page for the authors to list their books and sign that they agree. I think the second page may have been left off the original attachments.

                Message 8 of 11 , Jan 30, 2014

                  It’s probably just my imagination. I thought the one you sent before said something about bringing the consignment books on the day of the conference, etc. I may have been thinking of something else.

                  Dotti

                  ∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙

                    Message 10 of 11 , Feb 11

                      The deadline to register for our conference bookstore is March 9, less than a month away. If you are an author or illustrator who plans to sell books at our conference bookstore, please go to the Logistics and Social Events page on our website and download the NEW forms from Blue Willow Bookshop.

                      Please email these forms to:

                      Alice Maloy at staff@...

                      Or mail them to:

                      Blue Willow Bookshop

                      Attn: Alice Maloy

                      14532 Memorial Drive
                      Houston, TX 77079

                      If you mail them, please allow time for them to reach Blue Willow Bookshop no later than March 9.

                      Thank you!