Re: [scbwi-houston] News

  • anna church
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 19, 2013
      Congrats to Tayyba! :)
      Hugs,
      Anna Church

      From: Tayyba Kanwal <tayyba@...>
      To: Tayyba <tayyba@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:46 PM
      Subject: [scbwi-houston] News

      Hi all -

      I wanted to share some special news with you.  My short story, "Mailee and the Saint of Horses" has been chosen for a reading at the opening of WiVLA's exhibition "Earth/Energy Through Women's Eyes".  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DvHrCvwixw&feature=share&list=UULjPA_sYFRT1b7bjFKjQjhg

      Tayyba
      http://www.facebook.com/maya.kanwal.writes

    • Lynne Kelly
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 19, 2013
        That is awesome, Tayyba! Congratulations!

        Lynne

        On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Tayyba Kanwal <tayyba@...> wrote:

        Hi all -

        I wanted to share some special news with you.  My short story, "Mailee and the Saint of Horses" has been chosen for a reading at the opening of WiVLA's exhibition "Earth/Energy Through Women's Eyes".  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DvHrCvwixw&feature=share&list=UULjPA_sYFRT1b7bjFKjQjhg

      • Peggy
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 19, 2013

          Congrats Tayyba. You are on your way! Peggy Shallock

          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 20, 2013
            Thanks all! The neat thing is that this story was always meant to be told more than read. So I'm doubly excited that it has been chosen for a reading. I'm still floored at the honor of being able to read at the opening of a visual arts exhibition at Houston Public Library main branch.

            --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Tayyba Kanwal <tayyba@...> wrote:

            > Hi all -
            >
            > I wanted to share some special news with you. My short story, "Mailee and the Saint of Horses" has been chosen for a reading at the opening of WiVLA's exhibition "Earth/Energy Through Women's Eyes". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DvHrCvwixw&feature=share&list=UULjPA_sYFRT1b7bjFKjQjhg
            >

            > Tayyba
            > http://www.facebook.com/maya.kanwal.writes

          • Christina Mandelski
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 20, 2013
              congrats to both Tayyba and Meg on your news!! Doing a happy dance for you both in Kingwood!

              Chris

              THE SWEETEST THING a young adult novel about love, loss and cake.
              Egmont USA
              www.christinamandelski.com

              --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Tayyba Kanwal wrote:

              > Hi all -
              >
              > I wanted to share some special news with you. My short story, "Mailee and the Saint of Horses" has been chosen for a reading at the opening of WiVLA's exhibition "Earth/Energy Through Women's Eyes". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DvHrCvwixw&feature=share&list=UULjPA_sYFRT1b7bjFKjQjhg
              >

              > Tayyba
              > http://www.facebook.com/maya.kanwal.writes

            • Sharon Griffin
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 20, 2013
                Congrats Tayyba! What an honor!

                Sharon

                --- In mailto:scbwi-houston%40yahoogroups.com, Tayyba Kanwal wrote:

                > Hi all -
                >
                > I wanted to share some special news with you. My short story, "Mailee and the Saint of Horses" has been chosen for a reading at the opening of WiVLA's exhibition "Earth/Energy Through Women's Eyes". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DvHrCvwixw&feature=share&list=UULjPA_sYFRT1b7bjFKjQjhg
                >

                > Tayyba
                > http://www.facebook.com/maya.kanwal.writes

              • Varsha Bajaj
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 20, 2013

                  Congratulations!  Now, you have to plan what you will wear. How exciting!

                  Varsha

                  Thanks all! The neat thing is that this story was always meant to be told more than read. So I'm doubly excited that it has been chosen for a reading. I'm still floored at the honor of being able to read at the opening of a visual arts exhibition at Houston Public Library main branch.

                  --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Tayyba Kanwal wrote:

                  > Hi all -
                  >
                  > I wanted to share some special news with you. My short story, "Mailee and the Saint of Horses" has been chosen for a reading at the opening of WiVLA's exhibition "Earth/Energy Through Women's Eyes". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DvHrCvwixw&feature=share&list=UULjPA_sYFRT1b7bjFKjQjhg
                  >

                  > Tayyba
                  > http://www.facebook.com/maya.kanwal.writes

                • Joel Hall
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 20, 2013