This week's author events

  • Vonna Carter
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 5, 2013
      The author events for this week are on my blog, including events from SCBWI members Joy Preble, Janet Fox, and Mary Wade, plus the launch of Russell Sanders debut YA novel, THIRTEEN THERAPISTS! And Ally Carter will be at Blue Willow tonight!

      www.vonnacarter.com
      twitter
      facebook

    • sociosight
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 5, 2013
        I thought some of y'all might enjoy this guest post I wrote on book marketing:

        Debra Winegarten,
        Austin, Texas
        512-789-5491
        www.sociosights.com <----- have you seen my newest award-winning book, "There's Jews in Texas?"

      • Janet Fox

          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 14, 2013
          • Vonna Carter
            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 8, 2014
              The author visits/signings for this week are on my blog, including a YA event at Murder By the Book and Dee Leone's event at KBB.

              VonnaCarter.com: Children's & YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
              twitter

              facebook

            • Vonna Carter
              Message 6 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014
                Yay, summer is over and we've got author events again! We have two debut YA athors visiting Houston this week. Info is on my blog.

                Also, if you are looking for a conference to attend this fall, I've posted a lot of new events on my blog's conferences pages. To see which agents will be where, click here. For editors, click here, and for conferences of interest to illustrators, click here.

                VonnaCarter.com: Children's & YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
                twitter

                facebook

              • Varsha Bajaj
                Message 7 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014

                  Vonna,

                  Thank you for compiling the agent and editor events. I want to attend them all. Especially the one in Big Sur.

                  Varsha

                  Message 8 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014

                    I want to go to the one in Ottawa. Lin Oliver will be there.

                    Carmen

                    In a message dated 9/2/2014 11:10:36 A.M. Central Daylight Time, scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com writes:

                    Vonna,

                    Thank you for compiling the agent and editor events. I want to attend them all. Especially the one in Big Sur.

                    Varsha

                    _,___
                  • Vonna Carter

                      Message 10 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014

                        Vonna, that’s hilarious!

                        ~d

                        Dotti Enderle/Dax Varley

                        This September Return to Sleepy Hollow

                        http://www.daxvarley.com

                        Message 11 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014

                          I've had imaginary friends on a listserv for almost 20 years! I've met just a few of them face-to-face, but we've gotten to know each other very well.

                          Carmen

                        • abcdoris2003
                          Message 12 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014
                            Vonna,
                            This is an amazing list. You are amazing, too!
                            And thanks so very much for mentioning me speaking at our Houston meeting!
                            Hope I live up to any expectations folks might have... :)))

                            Doris Fisher
                          • Tina Wissner

                              Message 14 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014
                                When is Big Sur? My husband wants to do the marathon there.

                                Dee

                                Message 15 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014
                                  Speaking of imaginary friends…
                                  I was the only one in line at the P.O. The guy came out of the back room and said, "Who's next?"

                                  I turned around to make sure nobody had snuck in behind me then said, "I didn't know anyone else could see my imaginary friends."

                                  Dee

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014
                                    Dee, it's December 5-7

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Jan 20, 2015
                                          Among the YA and Children's authors in Houston this week: Matt de la Peña and Brandon Sanderson! Details on these and more on my blog.