WHO DONE IT: Joy Preble at Murder by the Book

  • joypreble
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2013
      Hey all-

      Just wanted to let you know that I will be reading/doing q/a and signing WHO DONE IT on Saturday 2/23 at 4:30 PM at Murder by the Book near Rice Village!

      WHO DONE IT is from Soho Press, the publishers of THE SWEET DEAD LIFE (coming on May 14th). It's a clever, tongue in cheek mystery anthology edited by Jon Scieszka, with stories by over 70 of your favorite authors including John Green, David Levithan, Libba Bray, Sara Shepard, Lauren Myracle and of course, miraculously, Joy Preble. (it does help when your editor sneaks you in there) Perhaps I will even put on disguises and pretend to be them. You never know.

      Best of all, Soho Press is donating all profits from WDI to 826nyc, a wonderful youth arts/tutoring organization founded by author Dave Eggers, who is also in the anthology.

      So, I wanted to let you know so you could mark your calendars and help me spread the word.

      I am so excited!! This is going to be fun. Please feel free to come as yourself or wearing a disguise. Fake mustaches and false googly eyes are welcome.

      Joy Preble
      www.joypreble.com
    • joypreble
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21, 2013
        Hey all --

        Just a reminder that I'll be discussing and signing the new Soho Teen mystery anthology WHO DONE IT (edited by Jon Scieszka and with a cast of 80 authors) at Murder by the Book this Saturday, 2/23, at 4:30. There will be fun murder mystery swag, and best of all, profits from WDI go to support 826nyc, the literacy organization founded by Dave Eggers. So yes, you are helping kids directly which is so amazingly cool of Soho Press to do this with their February book of the new Soho Teen line. I'd love to see you there.

        Joy Preble
        www.joypreble.com
      • Vonna Carter
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 21, 2013
          ACK! Joy, I'm sorry I left this fun event off my blog list. It's on there now!

          www.vonnacarter.com
          twitter
          facebook