Re: Some Very Good News!

  • Donna Maloy
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012
      Congratulations, Debra! Oveta Culp Hobby was such an interesting woman... and those were interesting times for Houston.
      Donna
    • Joel Hall
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012
        Congratulations! That's fantastic news.
      • millie martin
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012
          Congratulations, Debra, on the your book about Oveta Culp Hobby. She
          was a fascinating woman.

          Millie Theis Martin, Ph. D.
          ARA, Houston SCBWI
          713.822.5285
          millieTmartin@...

          You can tell the deepest truths with the lies of fiction.
          — Isabel Allende
        • Debra Winegarten
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012
            Thanks Millie and everyone else for your well wishes! Y'all are the best!

            Debra Winegarten

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Dec 11, 2012, at 11:34 AM, millie martin <millietmartin@...> wrote:

            > Congratulations, Debra, on the your book about Oveta Culp Hobby. She
            > was a fascinating woman.
            >
            > Millie
            >
            > --
            > Millie Theis Martin, Ph. D.
            > ARA, Houston SCBWI
            > 713.822.5285
            > millieTmartin@...
            >

            > You can tell the deepest truths with the lies of fiction.
            > — Isabel Allende

          • Varsha Bajaj
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012

              Congratulatiosn Debra!

              Varsha

            • Peggy
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012
                Congrats Debra. Oveta Culp Hobby was a fascinating woman and so much a part of our local history. Many years ago, my neighbor was her personal secretary. She got calls at all hours from Ms. Hobby and was expected to jump up and come to her. Oveta expected all around her to have the drive and energy that she possessed. Can't wait to see the book. Peggy Shallock

              • jwriter205@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012
                  Hi Debra,
                       I guess this proves positively that your writing is not
                  only a Hobby, but a soon-to-be book!
                       Congratulations on your success.
                                Lynn Abrams

                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012