Re: [scbwi-houston] Some Very Good News!

  • anna church
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 10, 2012
      Go Debra! That news is great!
      Hugs
      Anna

      From: "Sociosight@..." <Sociosight@...>
      To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 8:48 PM
      Subject: [scbwi-houston] Some Very Good News!

      Dear All Y'all,

      Guess what? I just learned this afternoon that my manuscript on Oveta Culp Hobby just passed the last hurdle and was unanimously accepted for publication by the UT Press Faculty Acceptance Committee!

      So, in about 14 months, like just in time for Women's History Month, 2014, my biography for seventh graders will be out! Which means I'll be spending a lot more time in your neck of the woods! Woo-hoo!

      Debra Winegarten,
      Austin, Texas
      512-789-5491
      www.sociosights.com <----- have you seen my newest award-winning book, "There's Jews in Texas?"

    • Donna Maloy
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012
        Congratulations, Debra! Oveta Culp Hobby was such an interesting woman... and those were interesting times for Houston.
        Donna
      • Joel Hall
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012
          Congratulations! That's fantastic news.
        • millie martin
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012
            Congratulations, Debra, on the your book about Oveta Culp Hobby. She
            was a fascinating woman.

            Millie Theis Martin, Ph. D.
            ARA, Houston SCBWI
            713.822.5285
            millieTmartin@...

            You can tell the deepest truths with the lies of fiction.
            — Isabel Allende
          • Debra Winegarten
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012
              Thanks Millie and everyone else for your well wishes! Y'all are the best!

              Debra Winegarten

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Dec 11, 2012, at 11:34 AM, millie martin <millietmartin@...> wrote:

              > Congratulations, Debra, on the your book about Oveta Culp Hobby. She
              > was a fascinating woman.
              >
              > Millie
              >
              > --
              > Millie Theis Martin, Ph. D.
              > ARA, Houston SCBWI
              > 713.822.5285
              > millieTmartin@...
              >

              > You can tell the deepest truths with the lies of fiction.
              > — Isabel Allende

            • Varsha Bajaj
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012

                Congratulatiosn Debra!

                Varsha

              • Peggy
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012
                  Congrats Debra. Oveta Culp Hobby was a fascinating woman and so much a part of our local history. Many years ago, my neighbor was her personal secretary. She got calls at all hours from Ms. Hobby and was expected to jump up and come to her. Oveta expected all around her to have the drive and energy that she possessed. Can't wait to see the book. Peggy Shallock

                • jwriter205@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 11, 2012
                    Hi Debra,
                         I guess this proves positively that your writing is not
                    only a Hobby, but a soon-to-be book!
                         Congratulations on your success.
                                  Lynn Abrams

                  • Sociosight@aol.com