Holiday, conference and thanks

  • Vicki Sansum
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2012
      Hi all,

      December's meeting was a fun holiday celebration. For those of you who
      couldn't make it, we had loads of delicious treats, fun games with
      prizes such as gift cards to Barnes&Nobles, journals and a beautiful
      piece of art donated by our own Arlene Graziano. Lynne Kelly Hoenig
      dominated the games, she's an ace at knowing the children's book market.
      McCourt Thomas who gives monthly book reports gave out four craft books
      to those who could name one of the books she's recommended this year. So
      keep reading and next year, you might be a winner, too!

      A reminder about the April conference, we've already sold out critique
      spots for Josh Adams, Sara Sargent and Danielle Young. If you are
      working on a manuscript in a different genre than you usually write or
      have some concerns about your pages, then consider a critique with our
      local authors who can help you polish your work before submitting it to
      an editor or agent. This is a great opportunity to use their talent to
      perfect your own.

      All the details are on our site www.scbwihouston.org

      And speaking of our site, thank you to Tayyba Kanwal for redoing it and
      setting up our online registration. It was a major undertaking and we
      appreciate it tremendously. Also, thank you to Mary Riser and Millie
      Martin who have worked countless hours making this conference happen.

      It takes a village to run an SCBWI chapter, the list of names is endless
      of those who help us be such a vibrant group. We're fortunate to have
      amazing volunteers, thank you all!

      Happy holidays!
      Vicki Sansum
      vsansum@...
    • Lynne Kelly

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2012
          So glad you had fun. Our HVAC went out and I got detained by them. Sorry I could not make it! So glad everyone had a great time. I am now in Lafayette, LA. I should be back to Houston soon.
          Merry Christmas to everyone!
          Hugs
          Anna Church