Cotton Candy

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 8, 2004
      Hey Y'all, I got my copies of The Cotton Candy Catastrophe at the Texas State Fair today. It's so pink! Anyway I only found one mistake and that had nothing to do with the story or illos. When you turn to the back of the book jacket flap, it looks like Chuck Galey is the only person involved with the book. Well, other than my picture being up there. :-)

      Dotti Enderle

      Which Children's Author Wrote You?
      http://www.dottienderle.com
      http://www.fortunetellersclub.com

    • Kelly Bennett
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 8, 2004
        WHOOHOO DOTTI! BREAK OUT THE PINK FLUFF!

        Kelly Goldman Bennett
        22307 Stormcroft Lane
        Katy, TX 77450-6700
        phone: (281) 395-4620
        fax: (281) 395-9833
        kelly@...

        _____

        Hey Y'all, I got my copies of The Cotton Candy Catastrophe at the Texas
        State Fair today. It's so pink! Anyway I only found one mistake and that had
        nothing to do with the story or illos. When you turn to the back of the book
        jacket flap, it looks like Chuck Galey is the only person involved with the
        book. Well, other than my picture being up there. :-)

        Dotti Enderle

        Which Children's Author Wrote You?
        http://www.dottienderle.com
        http://www.fortunetellersclub.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1291nfitj/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1707630052:HM/EXP=1094770521/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
        anion.yahoo.com> click here

        :HM/A=2128215/rand=811527249>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Kathy Combs
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 8, 2004
          Awesome, Dottie! Can't wait to see you in a pink tu-tu on the cover of some
          magazine! So, are you happy with the final result?

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 8, 2004
            All except the jacket flap. :-)

            Dotti

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 9, 2004
              Dotti........congrats on the new book, can't wait to see it........seems
              like I remember telling you eons ago how great that little story
              was........the story is a jewel, but with you marketing it the books is
              going to sell like gang busters.........

              I assume you have plans to go to the state fair with it?.........

              On another note, thanks to everyone who brought a copy of their books to
              the meeting on Tues night for the Book & Author Dinner.........Rita

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Rita Mills
              Houston Festival of Books
              713-937-9184
              713-896-9887 fax
              281-744-0626 cell
              http://www.americanbookcooperative.org
              books@... or rmills@...
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 9, 2004
                Rita,

                Pelican tried to get me into the state fair to promote, but the state fair people have slammed the door. Maybe next year. I've got a signing or two (or three) every weekend through November. It's going to be exhausting.

                We did try to get an event set up at Dylan's Candy Bar in the Galleria, and although the manager there was excited about it, the corporate office in New York said no. Ugh. We'll be trying other candy stores.

                Dotti Enderle

                Which Children's Author Wrote You?
                http://www.dottienderle.com
                http://www.fortunetellersclub.com

              • Gail Greenberg
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 9, 2004
                  Congrats Dotti on your book! My daughter can't pass by cotton candy without
                  buying some so that's a selling point for her alone! Save us a copy!

                  By the way, how was your sleep study? We missed you at the meeting.

                  Gail
                  > Awesome, Dottie! Can't wait to see you in a pink tu-tu on the cover of
                  some
                  > magazine! So, are you happy with the final result?

                  Service.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 9, 2004
                    Thanks Gail! Funny you should ask about the sleep study. The sleep technician was Victor who was young, handsome, and from Panama. Great accent! Anyway, he handed me a clipboard of questions to answer, and I told him I'd written shorter novels than that, and when he found out I wrote children's books, he ran back to his apartment and got his portfolio to show me. His illustrations were excellent, although he's more into the comic book/graphic novel type of illos. I don't have the results of my study yet, but just sitting on the bed with Victor and having him show me his portfolio was worth all the electrodes he pasted on me later.

                    Today I go in for a video endoscopy. My doctor is going to run a camera down my throat, so I have that to look forward to. :-/

                    Dotti Enderle

                    Which Children's Author Wrote You?
                    http://www.dottienderle.com
                    http://www.fortunetellersclub.com

                  • Martygra
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 9, 2004
                      Dotti! That story is so funny. I can just see you looking at art work, the
                      classic pick up line!!! Girl! You slay me. Marty

                    • ctbkaty@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 9, 2004
                        Let's hear it for Cotton Candy! I haven't had any of that stuff in years.

                      • Varsha Bajaj
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 9, 2004
                          Dottie, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that portofolio
                          critique!
                          Varsha

                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 9, 2004
                            >I can just see you looking at art work, the classic pick up line!!!

                            "Would you like to see my portfolio?"

                            Yeah...that old trick. Did I mention some of the artwork were nudes? ;-)

                            Message 13 of 15 , Sep 9, 2004
                              What stuff, Carmen. The cotton candy, or the art portfolios? M----

                            • ctbkaty@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 15 , Sep 9, 2004
                                Uh. Cotton candy. Carmen

                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 9, 2004
                                  >Dottie, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that portofolio critique!

                                  Uh...no you wouldn't.