Update on Amazon rankings

  • Marianne
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2012

      Thanks for that info, Dottie. I’ll be sure to check in there.

      After adding Best of Girls to the Rescue on Tuesday, I checked to see what effect it had on my rankings. It made a huge difference! My overall ranking changed from 129,000 on Oct. 30 to 97,000—apparently, once you add the book, the data is redone for previous days as well. I also went up from 11,000 in SF&F to 5,000. And in Kindle Fiction, I jumped from 40,000 to 16,000! So it really helps with the rankings to add more books.

      If you’re not already a member of Author Central, join here: https://authorcentral.amazon.com.

      When you click on the “Add a book” and find the anthology, then you claim it by clicking on “This is my book” button. Then it will ask you if you are the author and need your name added. Click on the “Contact us” link and it will bring up a checklist. From the drop-down menu, select “Add a book.” Then it will give you another drop down to select “a different kind of contributor.”

      But whether or not a better ranking leads to sales, I don’t know. I’ll be watching the stats to see.

      BTW, I’m glad to share this info with you all, but please don’t forward my messages to the world—I don’t really want to bring attention to my not-so-great-but-better-than-they-were rankings! So just paraphrase or use your own data. Thanks!

      Marianne Dyson

      Golden Kite & AIP Science Writing Award winner;

      Former NASA Flight Controller;

      http://www.mdyson.com

      Twitter/Facebook: MarianneDyson

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2012

        Marianne, the twitter/facebook/blogoshere blew up when they added the rankings a few weeks ago. You should google some of the articles and comments about it. Lot of pros and cons.

        ~d

        Dotti Enderle

        www.dottienderle.com

[...]

        No virus found in this message.