Re: [scbwi-houston] Question Regarding Multiple Submissions to Publishers

  • Deborah Frontiera
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2012
      My two cents:
      Since most publishers don't even bother to send form rejections any more, I pretty much ignore the "no multiple submissions" stuff and send things out to more than one place. That anyone should be so lucky as to have 2 offers at once!
      If you really want to follow their "no multiple", then send to one but put a LIMIT on the amount of time they have it exclusively. Something like: "This submission is exclusive for a period of 2 months from the date of this letter." Then you are free to send to the other in 2 months even if you have not heard from the first.
      Debbie Frontiera

      On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 12:42 PM, susie_mccauley <susie_mccauley@...> wrote:

      Hi All,

      I know that multiple submissions to agents are standard (even if the agents would rather they not be.) What about novel submissions to publishers?

      I have found two publisher accepting novels that are in the same category as my manuscript; however, both say the will not accept simultaneous submissions. Do I need to decide between the two, or do I submit to both? On the highly unlikely chance they are both interested, what happens?

      Thanks!

      Susie