RE: [scbwi-houston] Books for South Dakota

  • Dede Ducharme
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
      Mailed one to you yesterday. Thanks for letting us know about their need.
      Dede

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
        Dede, thank you for sending the book. It arrived today--quickly--yeah!
        Remember folks, when mailing books, as for "media rate" it will cut the
        postage cost by about half.

        Kelly Goldman Bennett
        22307 Stormcroft Lane
        Katy, TX 77450-6700
        phone: (281) 395-4620
        fax: (281) 395-9833
        kelly@...

        Mailed one to you yesterday. Thanks for letting us know about their need.
        Dede

        Thank you to those of you who have sent me books to send to the school in
        South Dakota. If anyone else would like to donate books to help this needy
        school, please let me know.

        I will be at the Sept. SCBWI-Houston meeting--Tuesday, Sept. 7th! Hope to
        see you there, Kelly

        Kelly Goldman Bennett
        22307 Stormcroft Lane
        Katy, TX 77450-6700
        phone: (281) 395-4620
        fax: (281) 395-9833
        kelly@...

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/k3FylB/TM
      • Dede Ducharme
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
          Obviously your post office has shorter lines than mine. The automated
          machine didn't have media rate as an option, but when I factored in the 30
          minute wait I would have had in yesterday's line, it was definitely worth
          the extra dollar to use the machine and get out of there. (It was one of my
          two trips to the post office days. Gotta' get my act together.) Dede

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 11, 2004
            Everyone--thank you for your book donations. I was delighted to box up over
            100 books and send them off to South Dakota. Jeff, the librarian, sent a
            page full of giant Thank yous in response to my message saying I'd shipped
            the books. We can all feel so good about pulling together and helping this
            school in it's efforts to get books in young readers hands. And I'm
            delighted to be among you.

            Best regards, Kelly

            Kelly Goldman Bennett
            22307 Stormcroft Lane