Re: [scbwi-houston] Books for South Dakota

  • Wayne Edwards
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2004
      If I can make it to the meeting I will bring some. I'm scheduled to teach a
      class on writing humorous poetry that evening but I am expecting it to be
      canceled

      Wayne Edwards

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
        Mailed one to you yesterday. Thanks for letting us know about their need.
        Dede

        Thank you to those of you who have sent me books to send to the school in
        South Dakota. If anyone else would like to donate books to help this needy
        school, please let me know.

        I will be at the Sept. SCBWI-Houston meeting--Tuesday, Sept. 7th! Hope to
        see you there, Kelly

        Kelly Goldman Bennett
        22307 Stormcroft Lane
        Katy, TX 77450-6700
        phone: (281) 395-4620
        fax: (281) 395-9833
        kelly@...

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Kelly Bennett
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
          Dede, thank you for sending the book. It arrived today--quickly--yeah!
          Remember folks, when mailing books, as for "media rate" it will cut the
          postage cost by about half.

          Kelly Goldman Bennett
          22307 Stormcroft Lane
          Katy, TX 77450-6700
          phone: (281) 395-4620
          fax: (281) 395-9833
          kelly@...

          Mailed one to you yesterday. Thanks for letting us know about their need.
          Dede

          Thank you to those of you who have sent me books to send to the school in
          South Dakota. If anyone else would like to donate books to help this needy
          school, please let me know.

          I will be at the Sept. SCBWI-Houston meeting--Tuesday, Sept. 7th! Hope to
          see you there, Kelly

          Kelly Goldman Bennett
          22307 Stormcroft Lane
          Katy, TX 77450-6700
          phone: (281) 395-4620
          fax: (281) 395-9833
          kelly@...

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/k3FylB/TM
        • Dede Ducharme
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
            Obviously your post office has shorter lines than mine. The automated
            machine didn't have media rate as an option, but when I factored in the 30
            minute wait I would have had in yesterday's line, it was definitely worth
            the extra dollar to use the machine and get out of there. (It was one of my
            two trips to the post office days. Gotta' get my act together.) Dede

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 11, 2004
              Everyone--thank you for your book donations. I was delighted to box up over
              100 books and send them off to South Dakota. Jeff, the librarian, sent a
              page full of giant Thank yous in response to my message saying I'd shipped
              the books. We can all feel so good about pulling together and helping this
              school in it's efforts to get books in young readers hands. And I'm
              delighted to be among you.

              Best regards, Kelly

              Kelly Goldman Bennett
              22307 Stormcroft Lane