Hunger Mountain article

  • Lynne Kelly
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 4, 2012
      Hi everyone! I wrote an article for VCFA's Hunger Mountain journal, which is online today. It's about bringing your story's setting to life for the reader when it's a setting you've never seen before: http://www.hungermtn.org/the-landscape-unseen/

    • Christina Mandelski
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 4, 2012
        Great article, Lynne! It's scary to think of taking on a setting you've never been to before, these tips are so helpful!

        Chris

        THE SWEETEST THING, a young adult novel above love, loss and cake. Egmont USA, 2011
        www.christinamandelski.com

        Hi everyone! I wrote an article for VCFA's Hunger Mountain journal, which is online today. It's about bringing your story's setting to life for the reader when it's a setting you've never seen before: http://www.hungermtn.org/the-landscape-unseen/

      • Peggy
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 4, 2012

          Great article Lynne and great inspiration! Peggy S.

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 4, 2012

            Awesome article, Lynne!

            Hi everyone! I wrote an article for VCFA's Hunger Mountain journal, which is online today. It's about bringing your story's setting to life for the reader when it's a setting you've never seen before: http://www.hungermtn.org/the-landscape-unseen/

            Lynne

            No virus found in this message.

          • anna church
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 4, 2012
              Lynne, I enjoyed your article.

              Hi everyone! I wrote an article for VCFA's Hunger Mountain journal, which is online today. It's about bringing your story's setting to life for the reader when it's a setting you've never seen before: http://www.hungermtn.org/the-landscape-unseen/

              Lynne

              No virus found in this message.

            • Dede Ducharme
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 4, 2012
                Thanks for sharing this journey with us.  No wonder VCFA added this to their journal--it's well-written.  Dede Fox

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 4, 2012
                  Thanks, everyone!

                  Lynne

                  Sent: Tue, September 4, 2012 4:24:03 PM

                  Hi everyone! I wrote an article for VCFA's Hunger Mountain journal, which is online today. It's about bringing your story's setting to life for the reader when it's a setting you've never seen before: http://www.hungermtn.org/the-landscape-unseen/

                • Janet Fox

                    Sent: Tue, September 4, 2012 4:24:03 PM

                    Hi everyone! I wrote an article for VCFA's Hunger Mountain journal, which is online today. It's about bringing your story's setting to life for the reader when it's a setting you've never seen before: http://www.hungermtn.org/the-landscape-unseen/

                    Lynne

                    Lynne Kelly
                    CHAINED | Macmillan/FSG
                    www.lynnekellybooks.com
                    Where to find me: Facebook Twitter Blogger goodreads pinterest YouTube

                    --
                    Janet Fox
                    PO Box 2524

                    Coming fall 2012 from Speak/Penguin: Sirens, a YA noire romance set in 1925
                    Forgiven (Speak 2011; 2012 WILLA Finalist), & Faithful (Speak 2010) YA novels of romance, mystery and adventure
                    Get Organized Without Losing It (Free Spirit Pub, 2006), self-help for kids

                  • Erin Frankel
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 5, 2012
                      Hi everyone,

                      Well, I just had a first look at our author/illustrator spotlight video. I was so nervous (notice all of my hand gestures), but my mom's lake turned out to be a really beautiful backdrop. Of course, what you don't see is when we stopped taping to ask the neighbors if they could hold off on water skiing until we were finished! First time around for all of this...so I'm trying not to be too self-critical. It does give a nice little background on the series if anyone is interested. Thanks for letting me share.

                      And thanks to Janet Fox for the spotlight on her blog as well. It's been a fun week.

                      Hope everyone is doing well!

                      xoxo
                      Erin

                      Erin Frankel
                      Weird! Dare! Tough! (Free Spirit Publishing, 2012)
                      www.theweirdseries.com

                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 5, 2012
                        Very useful, Lynne! Thanks for sharing.

                        Sent: Tue, September 4, 2012 4:24:03 PM

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 5, 2012
                          I really like your video! Good luck on getting rid of bullying in this world. Hug-A-Bug and I say KUDOS to all your effort you are putting into helping children with bullying in your series!
                          Anna Church

                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 5, 2012
                            Wow! Great article, Lynne! You certainly "did your homework" and it
                            showed. As I read "Chained" I felt like I was there and could see,
                            smell and hear the setting - very authentic! Tammy
                          • Vonna Carter
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 5, 2012
                              Lovely video, Erin, and the illustrations are wonderful. Good luck!
                              www.vonnacarter.com
                              twitter
                              facebook

                            • ctbkaty@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 5, 2012

                                I love your article Lynne, especially since I'm a fellow information junkie. Your book feels very authentic and I was amazed to learn that you had never actually been to India.

                                Bravo.
                                Carmen

                              • Ana Maria Rodriguez
                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 5, 2012

                                  I love it, Lynne! It’s been a wonderful journey.

                                  Ana M

                                  Ana María Rodríguez

                                  Author

                                  Visit my website

                                  Find me on Facebook

                                  The Iron Butterfly

                                  My Blog

                                  Follow me on Twitter @RodriguezAMaria

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Sep 6, 2012
                                      A little late to this party, but YAY Lynne! Awesome article. cheers to that!

                                      Joy Preble
                                      www.joypreble.com
                                      DREAMING ANASTASIA series (Sourcebooks)
                                      THE SWEET DEAD LIFE (Soho Press, May 2013)
                                      WHO DONE IT (anthology, Soho Press, February 2013)