Need extras in YA Movie being shot in Houston

  • divadevildog
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2012
      Phantom, our blue German Shepherd (some of you have met our rescue furr kids, he is the blue GSD that was left for dead at a friends vet) auditioned for a movie being made here in Houston.  He had one part, but they changed their mind, however we still have hopes that he, and even Gemma, will be in the movie somehow.  It is called "Helen Alone" and has a fantastic Director who is also a musician.  In the movie a 15 yr old girl will be left alone for 24 hrs for the first time and finds the world that is not so familiar as well as a lot about herself.

      One of the scenes is in a club and they are doing a shoot at Fitzgeralds on July 1, 2012. (In the Heights, @ Studemont & 6th) This is a few blocks from our house on 7th 1/2 (you can always park on our street and walk if you prefer) and is from 3 pm to midnight.  They are looking for extras.  What fun to be a part of a YA Movie shot here in Houston!

      You can find out more and sign up at:  http://www.helenalone.com    As writers, you will love the Director, I believe it is his band that will play, and his own music as well, but get this, he's written a book and the screenplay as well.   It is so cool that he's shooting this all in Houston.  The movie project director is also an amazing professional, she has so much experience, this is going to be fun to watch and be part of the scene.  They would love any age, and bring the teens with you!  The girl is 15 in the movie, so definitely fits the MG/YA genre we all love.

      And keep your fingers crossed Phantom and Gemma get parts in the movie- Phantom in particular was a wee bit depressed when they pulled his first part, so I've had to give him extra doggie treats.  hehehe....

      Hope to see you July 1st.

      Write on!

      Iona

      Iona McAvoy
      Attorney & Author
      Copyright & IP, Internet Law, Entertainment Law
      Houston, Texas

    • jwriter205@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2012
        Hi Iona,
             I want to thank you for letting us know about the call for extras for the movie "Helen Alone".
        I went last night to the shoot at Fitzgerald's -- it was a blast!  Were you there in the crowd?
        Am also wondering if any other SCBWI-ers were there?
             Please let us know of any other similar events you hear about -- and hope that Phantom and
        Gemma get parts in the film.
                             Lynn Abrams