This week's author events

  • Vonna Carter
    Message 1 of 26 , May 1, 2012
      Happy May Day!

      Anybody leave a nosegay on somebody's porch? Am I showing my age?
      Oh, well, it was a sweet tradition.

      The week's author events are up on my blog.

      www.vonnacarter.com
      twitter
      facebook

    • CRYSTAL ALLEN

        Message 3 of 26 , May 1, 2012
          Vonna,

          'Twas a fine tradition, I'm with you. Not only did I do this every year, I organized groups in Brownies and Girl Scouts to fill the neighborhoods. We used to cover clean tin cans with colorful contact paper and fill with bouquets.  The main rule was that the recipient needed to be senior citizen-like. 😍

          Oh, the joys of giving!

          Have fun on this first day in May.

          Michelle Bradford

          Twitter: @WriteFriend

          Sent from my iPhone

          On May 1, 2012, at 9:46 AM, Vonna Carter <cartervk@...> wrote:

          Happy May Day!

          Anybody leave a nosegay on somebody's porch? Am I showing my age?
          Oh, well, it was a sweet tradition.

          The week's author events are up on my blog.

          www.vonnacarter.com
          twitter
          facebook

          =
        • Vonna Carter
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 5, 2013
            The author events for this week are on my blog, including events from SCBWI members Joy Preble, Janet Fox, and Mary Wade, plus the launch of Russell Sanders debut YA novel, THIRTEEN THERAPISTS! And Ally Carter will be at Blue Willow tonight!

            www.vonnacarter.com
            twitter
            facebook

          • sociosight
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 5, 2013
              I thought some of y'all might enjoy this guest post I wrote on book marketing:

              Debra Winegarten,
              Austin, Texas
              512-789-5491
              www.sociosights.com <----- have you seen my newest award-winning book, "There's Jews in Texas?"

            • Janet Fox

                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 14, 2013
                • Vonna Carter
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jul 8, 2014
                    The author visits/signings for this week are on my blog, including a YA event at Murder By the Book and Dee Leone's event at KBB.

                    VonnaCarter.com: Children's & YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
                    twitter

                    facebook

                  • Vonna Carter
                    Message 9 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014
                      Yay, summer is over and we've got author events again! We have two debut YA athors visiting Houston this week. Info is on my blog.

                      Also, if you are looking for a conference to attend this fall, I've posted a lot of new events on my blog's conferences pages. To see which agents will be where, click here. For editors, click here, and for conferences of interest to illustrators, click here.

                      VonnaCarter.com: Children's & YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
                      twitter

                      facebook

                    • Varsha Bajaj
                      Message 10 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014

                        Vonna,

                        Thank you for compiling the agent and editor events. I want to attend them all. Especially the one in Big Sur.

                        Varsha

                        Message 11 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014

                          I want to go to the one in Ottawa. Lin Oliver will be there.

                          Carmen

                          In a message dated 9/2/2014 11:10:36 A.M. Central Daylight Time, scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com writes:

                          Vonna,

                          Thank you for compiling the agent and editor events. I want to attend them all. Especially the one in Big Sur.

                          Varsha

                          _,___
                        • Vonna Carter

                            Message 13 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014

                              Vonna, that’s hilarious!

                              ~d

                              Dotti Enderle/Dax Varley

                              This September Return to Sleepy Hollow

                              http://www.daxvarley.com

                              Message 14 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014

                                I've had imaginary friends on a listserv for almost 20 years! I've met just a few of them face-to-face, but we've gotten to know each other very well.

                                Carmen

                              • abcdoris2003
                                Message 15 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014
                                  Vonna,
                                  This is an amazing list. You are amazing, too!
                                  And thanks so very much for mentioning me speaking at our Houston meeting!
                                  Hope I live up to any expectations folks might have... :)))

                                  Doris Fisher
                                • Tina Wissner

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014
                                      When is Big Sur? My husband wants to do the marathon there.

                                      Dee

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014
                                        Speaking of imaginary friends…
                                        I was the only one in line at the P.O. The guy came out of the back room and said, "Who's next?"

                                        I turned around to make sure nobody had snuck in behind me then said, "I didn't know anyone else could see my imaginary friends."

                                        Dee

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Sep 2, 2014
                                          Dee, it's December 5-7

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Jan 20
                                                Among the YA and Children's authors in Houston this week: Matt de la Peña and Brandon Sanderson! Details on these and more on my blog.