Re: thank you

  • Sara
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012

    • ctbkaty@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012

        The conference was amazing. Thanks to all of you who worked so hard to make it PERFECT. And thank you Charles for being our MC. You always do a wonderful job. I feel fortunate to belong to a group of such dedicated and talented people.

        Carmen

      • PamLV@aol.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
          And Chantee for the Silent Auction.  WOW!
          Pam

          > A big thank you to Vicki Sansum, Millie Martin, Mary Wade, Diandra Mae,
          > Linda Leschak and the village of volunteers for making the Conference
          > memorable and a huge success. It was beautifully organized, the speakers
          > were great and the day was as always very enlightening.
          >
          > I know how hard you all must have worked and I hope you take the next week
          > off and rest.
          >
          > I feel blessed to belong to the Houston-SCBWI.
          >

          > Varsha

        • Vonna Carter
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
            And the birdhouses were genius! Thanks to everyone who made one of those jewels!
            Vonna

            --
            www.vonnacarter.com
            twitter

          • Donna Grahmann
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012

              Varsha,

              I couldn’t agree more. Huey and I would also like to thank the folks that offered us assistance during the conference.

              Donna Grahmann

            • Christina Mandelski
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                What a great weekend!

                Thanks to everyone involved in making this conference so inspiring, educational and just plain fun!

                :)
                Chris

                THE SWEETEST THING, Egmont USA
                www.christinamandelski.com
                www.willwrite4cake.blogspot.com

              • marydwade@aol.com
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                  Add a double WOW -- both to Chantee and to Pam V for that incredible packaging.

                  Marydw

                  In a message dated 4/1/2012 2:02:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time, PamLV@... writes:

                  And Chantee for the Silent Auction.  WOW!

                  Pam

                  > A big thank you to Vicki Sansum, Millie Martin, Mary Wade, Diandra Mae,
                  > Linda Leschak and the village of volunteers for making the Conference
                  > memorable and a huge success. It was beautifully organized, the speakers
                  > were great and the day was as always very enlightening.
                  >
                  > I know how hard you all must have worked and I hope you take the next week
                  > off and rest.
                  >
                  > I feel blessed to belong to the Houston-SCBWI.
                  >

                  > Varsha

                • Lynne Kelly
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                    Seriously, that was a fabulous conference! I'm always surprised at how fast the day goes by.

                    Thanks so much to all the volunteers!

                    Lynne

                    Lynne Kelly
                    CHAINED (Farrar, Straus, & Giroux, May 2012)
                    www.lynnekellybooks.com
                    Blog   Twitter   Facebook

                    On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 4:59 PM, <marydwade@...> wrote:

                    Add a double WOW -- both to Chantee and to Pam V for that incredible packaging.

                    Marydw

                    In a message dated 4/1/2012 2:02:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time, PamLV@... writes:

                    And Chantee for the Silent Auction.  WOW!

                    Pam

                    > A big thank you to Vicki Sansum, Millie Martin, Mary Wade, Diandra Mae,
                    > Linda Leschak and the village of volunteers for making the Conference
                    > memorable and a huge success. It was beautifully organized, the speakers
                    > were great and the day was as always very enlightening.
                    >
                    > I know how hard you all must have worked and I hope you take the next week
                    > off and rest.
                    >
                    > I feel blessed to belong to the Houston-SCBWI.
                    >

                    > Varsha

                  • Lillian Pluta
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                      I'll add my thanks and accolades for such a super conference. The speakers were great; I soaked up lots of inspiration and info. I also enjoyed meeting some people I've only known online, connecting to people I haven't seen in a while, and making new friends. I want to add that the Hilton Garden Inn was a great choice for accommodations. I hope you guys will choose this hotel again for a conference. This event was definitely worth the drive up from Corpus.

                      Thanks to everyone who made the event such a success!!!!

                      Lill

                      P.S. And I love the birdhouse I won in the auction! A lovely memento!
                    • CRYSTAL ALLEN
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                        I love my SCBWI.  I've been to other SCBWI conferences in other regions and I'm just so proud of my own.  It's professional, first-class and has something for everybody.  Year-after-year our confereces rock and it's because so many people put so much time and effort into making it successful

                        This isn't new.  That's how we roll.

                        So, I'll just say.. Saturday was business as usual.

                        Crystal Allen

                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                          And Iona and Hannah too.
                          Pam

                          > A big thank you to Vicki Sansum, Millie Martin, Mary Wade, Diandra Mae,
                          > Linda Leschak and the village of volunteers for making the Conference
                          > memorable and a huge success. It was beautifully organized, the speakers
                          > were great and the day was as always very enlightening.
                          >
                          > I know how hard you all must have worked and I hope you take the next week
                          > off and rest.
                          >
                          > I feel blessed to belong to the Houston-SCBWI.
                          >

                          > Varsha

                        • Maria Ashworth
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                            An unbelievable weekend. I learned so much. I'm so glad to be part of such a great supportive chapter.

                            Kudos to all who volunteered!

                            Sent from my iPad
                          • Kathy Duval
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                              I'll add my thanks to everyone who made this wonderful conference happen. Kathy

                              Take Me To Your BBQ (Disney Hyperion, Winter, 2013)

                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 2, 2012
                                I second this. I love how the presenters are always so varied and at the end of the conference, I've always got multiple places that I can send my work.

                                Thanks to everyone for your hard work in the conference this year. It paid off. I had a great time.

                                And Crystal, I so want to read your book!

                                --
                                Samantha Clark
                                SamanthaClark.wordpress.com

                                1j.

                                Re: thank you

                                Posted by: "CRYSTAL ALLEN" rcpjallen@...   rcpjallen

                                Sun Apr 1, 2012 6:30 pm (PDT)

                                ****

                                color="black">****

                                > ** **
                                >
                                > Varsha****
                                >
                                > ** **
                                >
                                > ** **

                              • Gail Greenberg
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 3, 2012
                                  A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL THE VOLUNTEERS AND EVERYONE WHO WORKED SO HARD ON THE CONFERENCE-IT WAS SPECTACULAR!  FUN, INSPIRING AND GREAT SPEAKERS!!!!!  THANKS TOO FOR THOSE NOTES, AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO ASSISTED ME AT THE CONFERENCE.  I APPRECIATE IT MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!!!!

                                  GAIL GREENBERG

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 3, 2012

                                    I wanted to add my thanks to Vickie, Millie, Linda, Mary, Diandra, Chantee, and all the others who put in countless hours to bring us such an awesome conference. I’ve been to a lot of conferences, including LA and NY, and I’ve learned a lot at each one. But this Houston one was the best! I learned so much. The Sunday intensive was fantastic. Thanks!

                                    Beth