4791Re: [scbwi-houston] Re: December meeting

  • Wayne Edwards
    Dec 1, 2008
      Vicki,
      You wrote:

      > Just a reminder for all published members to bring their books to sell
      > and sign. A great opportunity for all of us to buy the perfect holiday
      > gift, books!

      I am a published author, I write a newspaper column for children and am recognized by the National SCBWI as a published author. My children's books happen to be self published, one is an award winning book.
      Do you mean that no books will be allowed unless the author is a published author or only published books will be allowed to be displayed? I thought that the group was to encourage writers to write not to be a closed cliché for those authors that have already been successful in getting their work published.
      It is a two hour trip for me to come to Houston, (4hrs. round way). Please let me know before 4:30, as that is the time that I will have to leave here.
      Wayne