4405Re: Free money and registering

  • Vicki Sansum
    Jun 3, 2008
      Hi all,
      Register soon for the September 6 picture book workshop with Kathi
      Appelt. We are already 20% full. The form can be downloaded from our
      website. There is an early bird discount for SCBWI members, only $40
      until July 8. So hurry!

      Here's where the free money comes in. We have scholarship money to give
      out this year from our Marj Gurasich Fund. We are spreading the money
      out over four months. Last night we gave out four $100 scholarships to
      any SCBWI event. For July, August and September we will give away more.
      In July two more, August two more and in September four more. Any SCBWI
      member is eligible, if you haven't won within a year.

      We had a great meeting. Carmen Bredesen took the fear out of writing
      non-fiction and Sherry Garland showed us how non-fiction can be
      seamlessly weaved in with fiction.

      Remember, register early for the September workshop. Space is limited!

      Write on!
      Vicki
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic