3353Re: [scbwi-houston] RE: Mary

  • JoAn Watson Martin
    Mar 2, 2007
      Riita, You are not over the top at all about Mary Wade. I rremember
      when I was timidly trying to involve myself in writing after 22 years
      of teaching, Mary was always the helpful one on the phone. At the
      meetings she made all us newbies feel welcome and a part of
      everything. Let's hear it for Mary D. Wade - (don't forget the D or
      you will never find her). She was already the published one but did
      not "take on any airs" (old Alabama expression) over her successes.
      Mary might think we are speaking at her funeral.

      JoAn