2241Re: [scbwi-houston] Digest Number 516

  • Bonnie Lambourn
    Aug 1 6:09 AM
      I don't know how many of you are getting rejection letters wiwth
      suggestions of other appropriate places to send your submissions.

      If you are used to this, then forget my advice. In my experience any
      specific comments - of any kind - are great rejection letters.
      It could be she is using a standard form letter in using the term
      picture book, and just adding some changes that are quick.
      Is it all typed? Part hand-written?
      Even if it looks like a form letter, if there is a reference to somewhere
      else, I would check it seriously - and might say in a cover letter when
      sending to those places that she recommended your book as an appropriate
      match for their company.

      - bonnie
      http://home.earthlink.net/~blambourn/photoart/