14335Re: [scbwi-houston] Re: August meeting

  • McCourt Thomas
    Aug 8, 2014
      Hi all -

       Yes, Pat - I am always so excited to hear what Cathy recommends. Her knowledge of what's out there in the world of children's literature is just amazing. We are lucky to have independent bookstores in Houston that support our chapter and our writing efforts!

      I forgot to mention a few events Cathy told us about that y'all might want to mark on your calendars, that will be sponsored by Blue Willow Bookshop. Tweens Read, which focuses on middle grade books and features several of our Houston area authors, will be Saturday, September 27th at South Houston High School in Pasadena - info at tweensread.com.

      The Bookworm Book Festival for younger kids. I don't think it has a date for 2015 yet, but the info should eventually be at www.bookwormbookfest.com.

      And the Houston Teen Book Con on Saturday, April 11th, 2015 at Alief Taylor High School. Information at www.teenbookcon.org.

      Cathy pointed out that the focus of these conferences is to engage young readers with the authors, but adults are welcome to attend, so mark your calendars because they'll feature some great writers.

        McCourt

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic